Old 08-14-2017, 07:25 AM
Senior Chief

Default flushing out the fuel lines

I blew air through my main fuel line yesterday, the one that runs front to back. Air did come out but also a lot of orange dust. is there anything that a person could put in there to get that cleaned out?

Old 08-15-2017, 04:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Flushing out the fuel lines

Eastwood Co sells an aerosol can of stuff to flush out brake and fuel lines. I believe the product is actually acetone. Has a tapered plastic tip to seal against different diameter lines. You may want to install an inline visible fuel filter just before the fuel pump "in" fitting to see how much rust or other crap is showing up after you flush the line. If there is a lot or it is constant, you may need to consider new fuel hard line to prevent contamination of your fuel pump, after-pump fuel filter, carb, etc. If nothing shows up in the inline filter after running through a tank or two of fuel, just take it back off and replace the short section of rubber fuel line between the end of the hard line and the pump. I used the Eastwood product to flush out the new brake and fuel lines before installing them on my '65 2+2. There was a fair amount of dirt/oil that came out of each of them.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:07 AM
Senior Chief

I would replace the line

I want my driveway to look like I'm stuck in the 70's!!!!
Old 09-08-2017, 07:51 AM
Senior Chief

I think that is a good plan. A guy tries to save where you can but this is probably not a good place. Might save a lot of grief down the line.

Thank you!