1 89 formula
1 96 ta
1 66 mustang
1 84 mustang
1 89 25th anniv mustang convert
kaysersuzuki@yahoo.com
Old 02-07-2007, 01:13 AM

While I am not sure of this, I thought the owner of the car was Larry Crider
(?spelling) from the Tulsa area. If I'm wrong, it is an honest error 'cause he had a 69 Judge with a 671 on it, I was at the 1980? POCI Indian Nations Chapter Show and really was impressed by his car.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:21 PM

The guy that owned it when it was in Car Craft was Rich Hall from Lebanon, TN, I remember that from years ago. There are four different Lebanon, TN locations on Mapquest. I remember the story saying that Lebanon,TN was a very small town and that Rich Hall did the body and paint on the car after reading Peterson Publications "How To Do Body and Paint". I still can't believe that no one Knows where this car is!

Old 02-08-2007, 02:40 PM

I dug out my issuse last night. It was in Popular Hot Rodding. August 1978.
Appeared on the cover. Richard Hall, Lebanon Tn. Reading it after all these years kind of made me laugh. It said the motor was an honest to goshness blown "Super Duty". Right after that it stated it was a 71 vintage engine. Which makes it a tad early for a Super Duty. It stated that it had a stock crank with 1962 Super Duty rods. Maybe that's where the Super Duty part comes in. Pontiac H.E.I ignition and a 1 to 1 driven 6-71 blower, a " Ram Air lV " cam with 520 lift. Heads were left uncut for "obvious" reasons. Maybe what they really were discribing was a 1971 455 H.O. engine.

What really got me was how fast this car was claimed to be in the article.
An uncut, stock body, full interior, stone stock suspension save for the 12
bolt 3:31 ratio chevy rear end, th400 with a stock torque converter and this
article had it running 11.87's / 112 mph without funny gas. Seems like he was really walking the dog for the combination that was stated.