Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2019, 12:56 PM

Default 1971 GTO - 400 - 4 Speed - Numbers Matching

1971 Pontiac GTO

59,000 Original Miles
Real Deal 242 VIN - Numbers Matching GTO
PHS – Protect-O-Plate -Tons of other documentation

I have had the privilege of possessing this car in my personal collection twice through the years and can attest to the fact that it has been completely trouble free going to local cruise nights and car shows. I hate to see it go but I am in process of consolidating my collection. This is a unique opportunity to own one of the most highly documented 71 GTOs around. I am very picky and have successfully bought and sold vehicles from a distance so I will go to great lengths to describe this vehicle in detail.

Engine/Mechanical:
400 cubic inch engine (original block, heads, manifolds, carburetor, etc.)
4 Speed manual transmission

Exhaust – Stainless steel Waldrons exhaust system (under dash vacuum switch for quiet & loud modes) – Proper Chrome Tips – This was the test car that can be seen in the Waldron’s YouTube video

Rear End – Richmond 3:55s with Eaton Posi Unit – Original 3:23 ring and pinion come with the car

The car runs, stops and drives perfectly and has been driven to many local car shows!

Options:
Power Steering
Power Brakes
Air Conditioning - Original hoses need to be replaced due to weakening of the crimps – converted to R134A and in complete working order otherwise. I have removed the belt to prevent any damage to the compressor.

Paint/Body:
The car received a very high quality professional dual stage repaint in the original Cameo White color (2005). The original body panels are extremely straight. I am meticulous when it comes to paint and body work and have judged at shows. I would rate this paint as an 8.5 if you consider a 10 a perfect concours quality paint job.

It does have a set of reflective “Judge” eye brow stripes applied while retaining the correct “GTO” badging

The trunk is highly detailed with a matching Rally spare and jack

The car comes with a high quality California Car Cover

I do have a mint condition deck lid and original GM Judge Spoiler in cardinal red available separately. – These are NOT included in the price

Interior:
Jade Green

Original Hurst shifter non-console car

The seat upholstery is 100% original and shows a little aging butoverall in incredible shape

The dash does have cracking just to the left of the steering wheel– Ames pop on dash cover comes with the car

The door panels and arm rests show a little aging but overall show nicely

The carpet is original

Custom ACC Floor Mats

Wheels\Tires:
The car is riding on its “born with” set of 14 inch rally wheels – restored about 6 years ago

The tires are BF Goodrich White Letter Radials – less than 2,000 miles

I do have a complete set of 15x7 Pontiac Honeycomb wheels, center caps, lug nuts and NOS trim rings (still in the box)available separately. – These are NOT included in the price

Undercarriage:
The undercarriage has been somewhat detailed with chassis black paint on the frame etc.

The floor pans and trunk floor are completely solid

Front fender wells are detailed in gloss black and are in excellent show condition

Glass/Trim:
All glass was replaced at the time the car was painted at a cost of $1700

The chrome and stainless has been machine polished and is in show condition

The original rear bumper was re-chromed at the time the car was painted

The driver’s side adjustable side mirror is original - the chrome shows its age with minor pitting

Documentation:
Original Protect-O-Plate fully intact in excellent condition
PHS Documentation
All receipts from original purchase
Pre-Delivery forms etc.
Thank you letter from Dealership to original buyer
Receipts dating back to original purchase date
Original Wisconsin Title & Registration papers
Dealership trunk logo

This car comes with more documentation than I have seen with any other muscle car of this era!

The car is located in Avon NY 14414

Asking $31,500

Currently posted on eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Pontiac-GTO-/123913971487
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	92C8F22B-6B13-4BD3-A6D6-102322397DA8.jpg
Views:	736
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	520586   Click image for larger version

Name:	06AC3F7F-91A8-4B8C-BAAF-64B67707695E.jpg
Views:	716