Performance Parts For Sale/Wanted Just Performance, non-stock, trailers, tools and related accessories here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2019, 07:05 PM
Senior Chief

Default Pontiac 350 4-bolt main .040 notched for Edelbrock Heads 2.11/1.66

As the title says,

I have a 350 block that I had built for my 69 Firebird Conv.

I had it converted to a 4-bolt main with ARP studs. They are NOT splayed.

I notched the cylinders to clear the 2.11 & 1.66 valves on my Edelbrock 72cc Round port heads.

This block has been sitting for a long time unused. Unfortunately when I took the heads off, I thought the hood on the car would be sufficient in keeping mother nature at bay... surface rust has set in on the exposed cylinders, although I know it can be cleaned up, just not sure if they will clean up with just a hone need to be bored to the next available size. With that said, everything on the oil side looks great....

The build has approximately 8,000 miles on it. It did run great when I took the car off the road for some quick modifications... 10 years later, I'm finally working on it again... worst thing I did was take it off the road when I did.

This set up on my peg leg bird ran 13.5@108 with lots of one wheel wonder going on. Top end pulled nice once it did stop spinning.

If I where to rebuild it, I would do a +.060, 400 Armasteel Crank, light weight pistons and rods and run boost. Should make for a very street friendly set up with a completely unreasonable amount of power.

It comes with a used M54D pump w pickup, factory windage tray and Milodon Oil Pan.

Of course I would also run a set of large valve heads.

I would like 900.00 Plus crate, straps and freight. Basically that covers the 4-bolt main caps and installation...

Just bore the block and add a rebuild kit and you are on the road raising hell with a bullet proof 350 that can accept larger valve heads!!!

if you want more pics please feel free to ask.

SPEED SAFE, NICK
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	350 4-bolt mains front 2.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	521074   Click image for larger version

Name:	350 4-bolt mains crank.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	521075   Click image for larger version

Name:	350 4-bolt mains Pistons deck 2.jpg