Old 10-07-2019, 09:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default NHRA regulations on return lines?

20 ft of -8 Russell ProClassic II Hose is too short to reach from my trunk mounted fuel cell to the carb mounted regulator with the routing Ive chosen. Comes up about 2 feet short.

There are a number of different ways to fix this. i.e. bulkhead fitting through trunk floor, move the regulator, change routing, run a length of hard line etc, but was wondering if I might be able to take the cheap and quick way out for once.

Is there any NHRA rule that says a return line needs to be a continuous run? In other words, can I interrupt my return with a hose end and fitting to connect another length of -8? Im not really sure I'll do this (fewer fittings are better here I of course) but curious if I'll fail tech doing so.

Alternatively, does anyone know an online source to get new ProClassic II hose by the foot? I dont mind buying it again, but Summit/Jegs will do 20 ft or 50 ft, and I dont need 50.

Who needs nice and pretty, when you can have mean and nasty?
KRE Aluminum headed 463CID 73 LeMans. Used to run 10.6x @ 124.55. 3700lbs
So much for 2020...shootin for 9s in 2021...and in 2022 apparently.....looks like 2023 as well.
>>My 73 Build thread
Old 10-08-2019, 06:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Is there any NHRA rule that says a return line needs to be a continuous run?

No.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates