Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 10-12-2019, 10:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Log style modular headers

Check this out- modular log style headers. There's a discussion going on in the Boost/EFI section. O ports and D ports...

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=834392
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DD6AD352-617C-4D8C-B800-2F39D8678A8F.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	522025  

Old 10-12-2019, 11:34 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC455 View Post
Check this out- modular log style headers. There's a discussion going on in the Boost/EFI section. O ports and D ports...

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=834392
This is a great opportunity to add a Turbo to just about ANY Pontiac with out the need for welding. These headers are all v-band clamped and have per-fabricated bends that use the same V-bands that offer virtually unlimited options for positioning / and mounting / Adjusting for the ideal turbo placement. The V-bands also offer ease of installation and removal as well as gasket-less leak proof connections when installed.

This option for the Pontiac crowd is a game changer since most Turbo systems need lots of welding which can be expensive if you dont know how to or know someone who can weld.

We are in the middle of a Group purchase for the Round Ports /Ram Air V headers and Stainless Headers is going to make the flanges for a D-Port header. The D-Ports are a tricky design due to the D Ports being so close together...
The method they plan to use to get around that is to use one larger Tube that covers both D ports. Check out the details to the Boosted section in the link JC455 provided if interested.

We have two list going right now... We have a Round Port /Ram Air V head list and a D-Port list... The more we add to the list the greater the discount becomes.

SPEED SAFE, NICK

Old 10-12-2019, 08:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Try em. Got nothing to loose but HP, mixture balance, Powr balance,

maybe gain some Reversion to help the maintenance cycle.

4 pollutes 8 at overlap
7 pollutes 5 at overlap

Old 10-12-2019, 10:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

4/7 swap?

1971 Trans Am Lucy Blue, 11.56 @ 115
1966 LeMans. 462, SD prepped Kaufman D ports. 11.90 @ 112
1976 Trans Am twin turbo 462, SD Edelbrock heads 8.50@159
2009 G8 GT
Old 10-12-2019, 10:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What's the secret with V-band clamps? My experience is that once installed, I break the stud when trying to get them loose again. The stainless nut seizes to the stainless stud.

Old 10-12-2019, 11:08 PM
Senior Chief

I have never had an issue with V-bands. The entire exhaust system on my C6 Grand Sport Corvette has V-bands and I have had that exhaust out a couple times with out any issues, they are stainless. Is it possible someone over torqued your V-Band bolts? They dont need a whole lot of torque, snugged down is how I do them.

I have used them on several vehicles and never seen them fail or have difficulty being removed. As I mentioned above, they are literally leak proof once installed. You could apply a solid film lubricant or even ant-seize to the threads however at those temps I dont see it holding up long at all.

SPEED SAFE, NICK

Old 10-12-2019, 11:19 PM

Default S.S.

I come against SS fasteners all the time,
Exposed to constant heat and cool cycle SS will NOT come. apart it will galll up and break or strip.

Old 10-13-2019, 09:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikW View Post
4/7 swap?
BRILLIANT that may be!

My EXH band clamps seem fine...becaue the rear Main Seal protects them. Try Anti-sieze paste?

Old 10-13-2019, 11:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schurkey View Post
What's the secret with V-band clamps? My experience is that once installed, I break the stud when trying to get them loose again. The stainless nut seizes to the stainless stud.
Funny I have old ones that have been on and off many times. One stripped the rod, so I bought a new one, took it off 1 time and it was broken. I bought another one different brand same outcome.

On the thread topic, log manifold can support at least 1500 hp. guys making more with LS motors and regular exhaust manifolds.