Old 02-15-2009, 01:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Dent above the bumper on the DS rear quarter.

Also there's a Formula parked on the side of the road at the 20:57 mark.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 02-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Awesome footage of the car. I used to love watching that show. Never knew about HULU.com. Great idea to watch those old shows to see all the old cars.

BJ

Old 02-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thought one of you movie guys might know this I remember wtching a movie and there was a red 69 firebird that keeps making an appearance.

maybe Gumball ralley?

cant remember but it was a nice 400 car if I remember correctly

Never liked TLBT
That much I was more of a Hot Rod Fan.
Love that movie

Gotta love a 41 willys no matter what brand of car you have. Its the true generic car everyone loves them

Old 02-15-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATFF71 View Post
Ok guys I thought I would drag this up again

I have taken to watching old Adam-12 episodes on HULU.com (mostly for old cars) and found something interesting in one of them so check it out, go to the 20 minute mark and sit back and watch.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/46145/adam...x-0,vepisode,1

It was the keystone wheels that started me looking and then the GTO decal where the Judge should be, there's no doubt it's one of the two lane cars..oh and it just happens that Universal studios is who did Adam-12

Tim
A few years ago, my dad showed me this episode (on VHS) of Adam-12 with the TLBT GTO, but I couldn't find it recently so I didn't mention it on this thread since I thought no one would believe me without the proof! So thanks for posting this link.

Also, there is another episode of Adam-12 that has uses the primer '55 from TLBT. So both cars got used in Adam-12.

Old 02-16-2009, 12:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Awesome

It is pretty amazing how such obscure events that happened 40 years ago can be pieced together into a coherent story..... and that we all find it so facinating.. Just goes to show how crazy we all are!

Old 02-18-2009, 04:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here's my homage to the TLBT Judge.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:28 PM

Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruwster View Post
As promised here's the pictures of the Judge after restoration in 1988.
Bruce
i am new on this site and lot to learn but did those cars come with a trans am steering wheel or is that the way they came ??

Old 02-18-2009, 05:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowbird21 View Post
i am new on this site and lot to learn but did those cars come with a trans am steering wheel or is that the way they came ??
The "Formula" steering wheel first appeared as a mid-year change on the '69 Trans Am.

Begiining with the 1970 model year, the Formula wheel became widely available on Pontiacs with power steering - Firebirds, GTO's and LeMans', and Grand Prix's.

2008 GMC Sierra Denali 2WD Crew, L92 6L80E, Silver w/ Ebony guts, 14.26 @ 98
Old 02-18-2009, 11:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Where are your manners Lloyd???

Welcome to the boards flowbird21, glad to have you! You'll find a lot of great Pontiac information and some great folks here. There are no stupid questions either, so don't be bashful.

(Actually, Lloyd is one of the best!)

BJ

Last edited by OVERULD; 02-18-2009 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Gave Lloyd credit at the end of the post...
Old 02-19-2009, 05:02 PM

Default Thanks guys

i know a little about this stuff as i am restoring my car at a buddies house that has been trying to fill me with as much knowlage as he can LOL its triathlonx13 . like i said its my first frame well(sub frame off) resto so i will definitly have some ?s and already have some spare parts for sale for f bodys

Old 02-19-2009, 06:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
i know a little about this stuff as i am restoring my car at a buddies house that has been trying to fill me with as much knowlage as he can LOL its triathlonx13 . like i said its my first frame well(sub frame off) resto so i will definitly have some ?s and already have some spare parts for sale for f bodys
Sounds like you've got an F-Body restoration project underway. You may want to start a new thread in the correct year-range Firebird and TA Tech section and tell us about your ride and what you have planned for it - and of course, we love pictures!

Good luck with your project.

BJ

Old 02-20-2009, 04:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

On an episode of Rockford Files there is a red on black air shocked '70 GTO with a Judge wing and skinny Keystone Klassics. Could this be the same car repainted red???

Old 02-21-2009, 08:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

is there a link to that episode (hulu,youtube ect...)?

Old 02-21-2009, 11:31 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

During my USMC years in S.Calif. back in the early 80s, I met a fellow junkyarder named Dimitri. He claimed to have the GTO used in "Two Lane Blacktop". The story was that Johnny Carson obtained it from Universal Studios and he later sold it to the guy Dimitri bought it from. I last visited Dimitri (lived near Hollywood) in 1987. See attached photo.
(have others, still looking for them). Windshield still had a Universal Studios sticker on it.

The day I visited him, he couldn't get the hood open but told me it had a RAIV in it.
The other '70 he had (The Judge) did have a RAIV in it (have photos of that too).
Everything was for sale... the Judge he wanted $3800 for but he wanted to keep the engine (or add $1k to the car). The TLB GTO he wanted $4500. There were other cars too... '69 GTO, '69 Firebird Conv, etc.

Ended up buying a lot of parts from him that day but unfortunately, no cars.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TwoLaneBlkTopGTO.jpg
Views:	7046
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	158820   Click image for larger version

Name:	70JudgeDimitri.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	158821  

Semper Fi
Old 02-21-2009, 11:49 AM
Senior Chief

Awesome 80's Judge pics! sounds like this could have been the guy from some of the earlier posts.

T/A

Old 02-21-2009, 12:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Watching those clips brings back memoried on how we drove-n-treated our muscle cars back then.
We beat the heck out of them.
My FB out lasted all my buddy's chevies, dodge's, and fords.
See'n those dual scoops from inside the car really makes me miss drive'n my 67.
That, and see'n the hood tach reach'n 6200 rpm back then.
I'll have watch it regularly to keep me motivated during it's restoration.

Thanks

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 02-21-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RA1John View Post
During my USMC years in S.Calif. back in the early 80s, I met a fellow junkyarder named Dimitri. He claimed to have the GTO used in "Two Lane Blacktop". The story was that Johnny Carson obtained it from Universal Studios and he later sold it to the guy Dimitri bought it from. I last visited Dimitri (lived near Hollywood) in 1987. See attached photo.
(have others, still looking for them). Windshield still had a Universal Studios sticker on it.

The day I visited him, he couldn't get the hood open but told me it had a RAIV in it.
The other '70 he had (The Judge) did have a RAIV in it (have photos of that too).
Everything was for sale... the Judge he wanted $3800 for but he wanted to keep the engine (or add $1k to the car). The TLB GTO he wanted $4500. There were other cars too... '69 GTO, '69 Firebird Conv, etc.

Ended up buying a lot of parts from him that day but unfortunately, no cars.
John
Those are great photos, that pic is almost identical to the street scene that was there when I purchased the car, I remember Johnny Carson's blue 455 GTO sitting on the curb aong with a early 69 Judge and a 69 Trans AM .
The car was advertised in Hemmings motor news early 1988, I contacted Dimitrious Panagatous (Yehiel chime in here if I spelled his name right)and we made a deal, I sent him a deposit. I flew down with my wife and 2 children and did a Disney land/ car buying trip. Dimitrious picked me up in a nice 72 442 pace car vert, we drove to his studio apartment to make the transaction, which was on that street in your picture, he had recently had the car painted so I had ordered a set of stripes prior to our trip and installed them on the car in the parking lot of the hotel we were staying in the next morning .
Also he had installed a 4-speed in the car, he still had the original numbers matching 400 trans which was in a shed in East LA which I insisted on getting, I followed him in the Judge over to the shed and loaded it in the trunk, the interior in the car was still original with the seat covers being brittle and missing some areas of vinyl, have some of them pics somewhere I'll have to dig out.
after our Disney fun we loaded up and drove the PCH up to Carmel and then over Donners pass to the interstate to Seattle where we loaded the car on the Sealand ship to Anchorage Alaska.
I'll have to dig up the pics Dimitrious sent me and post them.
Bruce

Old 02-21-2009, 04:28 PM
Senior Chief

Check out the repair started on the left 1/4, same area as the dent in the Adam12 clip.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

neat picts, brings back memories!

Old 02-22-2009, 09:19 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Awesome information. Loved the Adam-12 episode. Why no Judge emblem on the fenders of the Adam-12 Judge? GTO emblem instead. Resto shows Judge stickers.