WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 Exterior Tech

04-06 Exterior Tech SAP stuff, styling, hoods, and spoilers oh my!

Old 01-17-2005, 08:15 AM

A woman reversed into me at a set of lights a couple of weeks ago (long story). Car has been in the shop since then. Rep just called to say he can't get the front bumper from GM and doesn't know when he will be able to get it!

Understandably, I am seriously pissed, eps. as I'm stuck in a Dodge Neon rental.

Has anyone else had trouble of this nature?

Has anyone fitted an aftermarket bumper that they could recommend.

Email me at stoat at comcast dot net with any info.

Thanks.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:15 AM

A woman reversed into me at a set of lights a couple of weeks ago (long story). Car has been in the shop since then. Rep just called to say he can't get the front bumper from GM and doesn't know when he will be able to get it!

Understandably, I am seriously pissed, eps. as I'm stuck in a Dodge Neon rental.

Has anyone else had trouble of this nature?

Has anyone fitted an aftermarket bumper that they could recommend.

Email me at stoat at comcast dot net with any info.

Thanks.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:36 AM

I was in an accident the day after Thanksgiving and I might actually be getting my car back today, finally. The battery, headlight harness and the hood were all on backorder. Also, they had to get in three different hoods before they got one that wasn't damaged in shipping. I waas given a Cavalier for the first week, then I got upgraded to a 4 cylinder Malibu! Good luck...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mvc-001s.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	5542  

00 GTP NBM / Graphite, Stock
Sold Aug. 2011

70 GTO Black / Black TH400
460 CID, 542 FWHP, 580 FWTQ
(Sold, Fall '09)

04 GTO Black / Black M6
Back to bone stock and sold, fall '05.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Couple aftermarket lower nose kits but not sure they replace the whole front end...have you checked w/ ls1gto.com?
Old 01-17-2005, 10:55 AM

Update - spoke to Mo at RK Sports (800) 214-8030.

He said they can do an OEM matched bumper for $439.95 (factory part is $394 and change).

Have to wait and see if it'll work with the insurance, how it'll affect warranty, etc.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:28 PM

We had our car for just about 2 weeks. The weekend before halloween, we were headed up to my folks to show off At 65 mph, I ran across....into.... a deer with an obvious depth perception issue! Anyway, the facia, hood, windshield and driver door were scrapped bigtime. After getting it apart in the shop, the only other real damage was the front support that the radiator is mounted to had to be replaced, air box and plastic piece that covers the windshield wiper motors. Also, whole interior was replaced due to gross amount of glass contamination. Being that the car is brand new, we had real reservations about the part availability. Well, most of the car came in within a couple of days. We didnt order the hood and decided on the MPD hood (good thing it appears) This is the best aftermarket hood that I have seen. Youll love Eric and his wife. Tell them Bob Gronas sent you. Anyway, most came in right away, but we waited over 6 weeks for a windshield and driver glass. The door kept coming in quick, but it took 6 damaged ones before I got pissed enough to get GM, dealer and Holden on the phone. The doors were coming in a huge 3/8 cardboard box with no packing. Everyone beat to hell and back. They promised one to be sent with packing. We asked for two. They showed up with a piece of 1" foam on bottom and one rolled up piece on the end. PITIFUL!! One door was good, the other crushed. Long long story still long, we got the car back 12/31/04, 9 weeks. Just got the last two interior trim pieces this week. One was supposedly on backorder till AUGUST. Got GM back on the phone and low and behold, its here today. Good luck guys.

Bob
Old 01-20-2005, 07:34 PM

Well I picked mine up tonight and all looks good. I got the Auto-X grills thrown in too. Took about 7 weeks.

Not the best pic but what the heck...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fixed.JPG
Views:	259
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	14863  

00 GTP NBM / Graphite, Stock
Sold Aug. 2011

70 GTO Black / Black TH400
460 CID, 542 FWHP, 580 FWTQ
(Sold, Fall '09)

04 GTO Black / Black M6
Back to bone stock and sold, fall '05.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:35 PM

Picked up the car on Wed. Body Shop pestered evyone possible for bumper and a color matched IMB unit was flown in from Detroit. Can't say enough about the guys at Alexander in Franklin, TN, esp. Terry Boyd.

Now State Farm on the other hand....

They weren't going to pay for the rental any longer, and told Terry to refit teh damaged bumper cover, re-spray the fenders and hood and I was supposed to drive it like that until the parts came in....

...which could be up to six months!

Then they'd pay the shop to re-strip the fenders and hood and paint the whole lot.

I asked Terry to get the cost of the '05 AutoCross body kit as this had to be less than a double paint job, and besides I didn't fancy driving the car in that state.

But she's fixed now and safely in the garage.