Old 10-22-2020, 12:47 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Timed Out posting message

Most of the time I go long on writing a reply, if my log-in times out, the reply will get posted as soon as I re-log-in.
But I continue to get this message whenever I take an extra long time to compose a post:
Quote:
Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.
Not only does this make zero sense, it does no good at all to push the back button. The "Thank You for Logging In" page comes up and then quickly flips right back (forward) to the same stupid message.

The only way to get my composition posted is to open a new tab and find the thread I was trying to post in, and go through the Reply process all over again. If I wasn't in the habit of copying every post before I hit Submit, it would be lost forever.
This has been happening ever since I can remember. I have mentioned it in another thread, probably more than once, but it doesn't ever seem to go away.

Also the short time-out duration. I imagine I'll have to re-log in by the time I submit this. Better hit Control C

Old 10-22-2020, 01:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Right next to Submit Reply is another button, Preview Post. Hit it every once in a while,
and you're still "active". And you get a chance to proofread your post. Becuase speling.

Old 10-22-2020, 02:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Besides that, what I really dislike is the fact that you can't edit a post after 1 hour.

Most other sites will allow you to edit any time. This lets you correct mistakes and/or add new info that really needs to be on that post.

I'd much rather be able to edit than to have to post a quote, then tell what you need to change or add.