Old 05-05-2020, 07:39 PM

Default 1972 Trans Am function shaker hood scoop

I have a 1972 Trans Am with a TH400. Can someone tell me where the hood scoop solenoids get their power? I've been told that it piggybacks off of the kick down switch. My switch only has 2 connections and the plug only has 2 openings. I could always tap into it,but was looking for the correct way. What color would the wire be going to the scoop? I don't see it in any of my wiring schematics. Please,don't tell me how you tie yours open or took the blade off. That's not what I'm looking for. Thanks

Old 05-05-2020, 09:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I believe it's a black wire with a brown tracer. Plugs into the base of the shaker on the drivers side and the shaker has a ground wire. Yes, it gets powered through the kick down switch at the gas pedal.