Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2019, 02:17 PM

Unhappy FOUND 65 GTO

I was on a business trip around 1981, driving a rental, drove by an interesting car buried in a field, chevelle? not sure, went to drop off the guys and said i'm going back to see that car.
well it turned out to be a 1965 gto , it was already spoken for, the guy said it was subject to approval from dear old dad,
i'll wait and see you later, well i went back and the Dad po pooded the deal.
how much do you need for this car, he responded 400, i said, u have a deal,
i called my wifey, send me 400 bucks please
this is a 1965 original gto with a 1964, 389, 2 barrel, a four speed m21 with posi 3.23, tri power stolen, motor blew up.
i worked on it at night to get operational and drove it back to Canada,
all the time thinking, why these Kentucky guys didn't snap it up, and was i lucky.
still have this car, dragged raced it ( novice ) what fun!!
rebuilding it and hope to drive again by 2020.
the finny part was that i experienced the same thing this guy went through with his Dad, when i was 16, except my Dad po pooded a 1963 austin healy 3000, it would have been a great car to have but this GTO is now in my blood
excuse speeling
paul a