Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Old 09-12-2019, 06:52 AM
Suspended

Default YouTube (Turbo John)

Do a Turbo John search on YouTube and he has “real life “ info on racing turbos and Pro charger engines!

GTO George

Old 09-12-2019, 10:06 AM
Boost Engineer

I remember him from when he was first posting under a different web name on the Turbo Forums. I am a moderator over there and have been for quite a few years.

He is a nice guy (in his videos) and readily admits that he hurt a lot of stuff trying to learn about Turbos and Boost.
He went down the Boost Knowledge path just like Charlie66 on our Pontiac forum.

So now he is making videos. Charlie66 has made some videos too. I would stick with Charlie66 as a source for Pontiac Turbo Stuff.

Charlie66 doesn't do stuff by trial and error, he thinks a lot about what he wants to do BEFORE he blows chit up.

Tom V.

I revised my post to make it more knowledge based on one of our Pontiac Members.

If Mark at Luhn Performance made videos, he could tell you a lot of stuff about doing Procharger stuff too.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.

Last edited by Tom Vaught; 09-12-2019 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-12-2019, 11:15 AM
Suspended

Im talking real race car stuff not drive down the street stuff. Ive looked at a lot of his videos............very good information, a must watch!

GTO George

Old 09-12-2019, 05:48 PM
Boost Engineer

Really George, I do not see Turbo John's name mentioned in the same conversations as Ken Duttweiler, Gale Banks, John Mahovitz, Harry Hruska, Jim Middlebrook, or Dan & Ken Jones.

What I see here is a guy who made a video of all of his "trial by error" efforts to get a turbo system to go down the track. A 9 second 1/8th mile is not very impressive to me.
But you say "that is real racing" vs say Bonneville Racing, Street Racing, etc.

You post some really funny chit sometimes, love to laugh when I read it. Keep it up.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 09-12-2019, 07:47 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
Really George, I do not see Turbo John's name mentioned in the same conversations as Ken Duttweiler, Gale Banks, John Mahovitz, Harry Hruska, Jim Middlebrook, or Dan & Ken Jones.

What I see here is a guy who made a video of all of his "trial by error" efforts to get a turbo system to go down the track. A 9 second 1/8th mile is not very impressive to me.
But you say "that is real racing" vs say Bonneville Racing, Street Racing, etc.

You post some really funny chit sometimes, love to laugh when I read it. Keep it up.

Tom V.
Tom.
Obviously you havent a clue about him.....as always talking about SH_T that you haven't a CLUE about!! Thats what got you kicked out of the RACE section! First off his car is quicker then Kinsler car, 2nd trial and error is sometimes the only way......every engine combo is different no 2 are the same hence the trail and error. Learning form other RACERS experience is the BEST and most accurate way! Real life stuff not sitting behind a desk stuff!! LOL!

GTO George

Last edited by GTOGEORGE; 09-12-2019 at 07:58 PM.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:44 PM
Boost Engineer

You are correct, I do not have a clue about him, I pay a lot more attention to Turbo Racers like John Mahovitz that run 5.70s in the quarter with a 281 cid Ford.

Not so much racers that run a bit quicker vs Jeff Kinsler, like your Turbo John.

Similar to Palbykin who ran 6.96 with a Pontiac in 1996 and NEVER posted that he was the fastest Pontiac Racer in Michigan vs you running 8s 99.9999999% of the time and saying that you are the fastest Pontiac Guy in Michigan.

Mahovitz will go faster than his 5.70s (in the quarter George) with the new BAE Block.

Tom V.

Old 09-12-2019, 08:53 PM
Suspended

Quote:
You are correct, I do not have a clue about him, I pay a lot more attention to Turbo Racers like John Mahovitz that run 5.70s in the quarter with a 281 cid Ford.

Not so much racers that run a bit quicker vs Jeff Kinsler, like your Turbo John.

Similar to Palbykin who ran 6.96 with a Pontiac in 1996 and NEVER posted that he was the fastest Pontiac Racer in Michigan vs you running 8s 99.9999999% of the time and saying that you are the fastest Pontiac Guy in Michigan.

Mahovitz will go faster than his 5.70s (in the quarter George) with the new BAE Block.

Tom V.
So your saying that Kinsler doesn’t go quick enough to know or give out valuable information.......ok, just wondering!

GTO George

Old 09-12-2019, 09:15 PM
Boost Engineer

Did not say that at all, you did.

Try to keep it straight George.

Tom V.

Old 09-12-2019, 10:47 PM
Suspended

Doing the Moon Walk huh Tom.............LOL!
You will never learn!
FYI.....I don't plan on seeing another 8....... !

GTO George

Old 09-13-2019, 04:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Tom, don't let George bait you into a trap, he's just trying to stir up the sh*t again. His post was a thinly veiled dig at you -really it's about time the forum moderator got involved and stopped this childish nonsense.

Old 09-13-2019, 06:35 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff2 View Post
Tom, don't let George bait you into a trap, he's just trying to stir up the sh*t again. His post was a thinly veiled dig at you -really it's about time the forum moderator got involved and stopped this childish nonsense.
All I did was start a thread about someone who has some real life racing information, I didn’t attack anyone............TOM is the one that attack, sorry you need to reread the thread.
Anyways Turbo John still has GOOD information......use it or not, I just threw it out there!

GTO George

Old 09-13-2019, 12:42 PM
Boost Engineer

Taff2, not going to get involved with George,

Turbo John, runs a Ford Mustang, how bad of a guy can he be,

George can continue playing with himself, for all I care.

How are your projects coming along?

Tom V.

Old 09-13-2019, 01:07 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Taff2, not going to get involved with George,

Turbo John, runs a Ford Mustang, how bad of a guy can he be,

George can continue playing with himself, for all I care.

How are your projects coming along?

Tom V.
So let me get this straight...........I started a thread about a informative YouTube Videos. I did not mention your name in any way but some how I'm the bad guy that was picking on you?
Yes Turbo John has a Mustang........BUT its Chevy powered (if you actually new anything about him) NOT Ford! LOL!
Like I said before very GOOD videos about Turbos and ProCharger stuff and PY members can get GOOD info!

GTO George

Old 09-13-2019, 01:28 PM
Boost Engineer

Turbo John is Smart, he is running a Ford Body which has lots of known parts available and he is using a Chebby engine (just like several other Pontiac Guys (one by the name of Beswick).

I don't pay that much attention to what Beswick is doing just like I do not care that Turbo John runs a Ford Engine Buick engine or a Chebby Engine. All have been turboed at one time or another.

So now you are the innocent victim again, huh George?

Taff2, do you feel sorry for this poor guy who is bored so he has to attack my posts (with my thoughts) constantly.
Mods will not do anything.

He is voicing his opinion on stuff just like I am. And it was HIS THREAD on Turbo John, Course that never stopped him from screwing all of my threads in the Boost Section.... in the past.

I actually plan on watching some of Turbo Johns videos, not to learn but to see how he was able to run the times he runs (years faster) vs what it took George to run a 7 second time.

Tom V.

Old 09-13-2019, 01:50 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Turbo John is Smart, he is running a Ford Body which has lots of known parts available and he is using a Chebby engine (just like several other Pontiac Guys (one by the name of Beswick).

I don't pay that much attention to what Beswick is doing just like I do not care that Turbo John runs a Ford Engine Buick engine or a Chebby Engine. All have been turboed at one time or another.

So now you are the innocent victim again, huh George?

Taff2, do you feel sorry for this poor guy who is bored so he has to attack my posts (with my thoughts) constantly.
Mods will not do anything.

He is voicing his opinion on stuff just like I am. And it was HIS THREAD on Turbo John, Course that never stopped him from screwing all of my threads in the Boost Section.... in the past.

I actually plan on watching some of Turbo Johns videos, not to learn but to see how he was able to run the times he runs (years faster) vs what it took George to run a 7 second time.

Tom V.
First off (unlike you) this isn't MY thread, its for ALL PY members.
Second I only CORRECT your MIS-INFORMATION in the Racing section (which was a lot of correcting) and whatever you mess up in the Boost section (your just getting old)!
Third I've actually run 3 seven sec times (but i staged deep in two of them, you not a drag racer, you wouldn't understand) and I actually done them in 80 degree temps and on only 12 lbs of boost........but who keeping track (maybe you......LOL)!
Actually Turbo John not voicing his opinion (like you) he's actually has EXPERIENCE from his cars (working on them and racing them, like me).

GTO George

Old 09-13-2019, 02:05 PM
Suspended

OK enough BS...........Turbo John has some GOOD stuff, watch it or don't, I watch it....never too old to learn! LOL!

GTO George

Old 09-13-2019, 02:50 PM
Boost Engineer

You were right Taff2, just another personal attack.

Really did nothing worth mentioning, except post a link to Turbo John's videos.
The rest was typical GTO George BS.

Bye.

Tom V.

Old 09-13-2019, 04:34 PM
Suspended

Quote:

Bye.

Tom V.
Cool......thanks!!

GTO George

Old 09-13-2019, 06:27 PM
Boost Engineer

Your Welcome, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Tom V.

CORRECTION, THE BOTTOM OF THE DOOR

Old 09-13-2019, 06:39 PM
Suspended

You want me to stub my toe? You’re freaking weird! LMAO!

GTO George