Old 04-05-2014, 10:25 AM
Senior Chief

Default vent window install

STRUGGLING getting the vent window installed on 65 post car. Big question, does the window have to be out of the regulator and rollers out of tract? Or does window have to be completely removed from door??
I did read where the out side door handle and lock goes on first, that will save me a couple of hours.

Old 04-05-2014, 01:30 PM
Senior Chief

Michael,
Mine is a hardtop so I don't know if anything I did is applicable - but I had the side window out of the car when I reinstalled the vent window assembly. I removed the glass from the track assembly by unbolting it and left the assembly in the car - it wasn't in the way. Don't know how the reveal moldings are on a post car, but I found that the front ones should go on prior to the vent window because you can't put a small screw in the front of the reveal molding once the vent window is in. I ended up using 3M trim tape in front as I wasn't going to disaassemble every thing, and more importantly, since the lousy fitting rubber window seals for the side windows have to be fitted and modded many times (and they fasten to the reveal moldings) I couldn't have the reveal molding screwed on in the front. Hope this makes sense.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:43 PM
Senior Chief

Default still struggling

OK so do you take all the fastners out of door and drop the regulator to the bottom of the door?

Do you take the window completely out of door, install vent window and feed window into channels from outside of car????
Thanks for your help I know you are working to finish yours also.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You only need to remove the glass from the track--leave the mechanism in place---and drop the glass to the bottom of the door. There is room to manipulate the vent window/window track assy. to re-install it.

I did that on my '64 post.

'64 GTO Tripower Hardtop (Wife's Car)
'64 GTO Tripower Post Coupe (My Car)
'99 Bonneville SE Sedan
Old 04-05-2014, 03:50 PM
Senior Chief

Default Thanks

when I have the vent window slid into place do you fit the galss inside the channels and then re attach regulator?

Old 04-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Senior Chief

Michael, I had my glass completely out when it was painted. When I reinstalled the window, I rolled the mehanism up enough that I could again get at the bolts and bolted it in again. The back channel I had complely loose in the door. I then reinstalled it and made sure the window was in the wing window channel as far as possible, then installed the "shoe" that rides up and down in the rear channel.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Roll window up remove back track - remove regulator - remove door glass - then remove the vent window assembly . You will need all the room to move it as the front short leg of the pillar protrudes forward .

Old 04-07-2014, 06:46 PM
Senior Chief

Default Finally

Got the vent windows in finally. Not adjusted exactly, as in the driver door window won't quite close all the way towards the vent window. On a post car, what is the purpose of the stud that goes into the vent window channel at the bottom of door? Can it be put in AFTER the vent window is in place.
Also is the stud the same for both sides?? It appears the stud moves the vent window inside the door????

Old 04-07-2014, 07:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Same stud both sides , it adjusts the front track .

Old 04-08-2014, 09:02 AM
Senior Chief

Default lost stud

Looks like I have lost one of these. Can they be installed after the vent window and regulator are back in place? Does anyone have one I could buy?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (6).JPG
Views:	127
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	359844  

Old 04-08-2014, 09:08 AM

Got some. PM your address. How many do you need? No charge. Skip

Old 11-30-2019, 01:56 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I,m glad many of these older post still exist as I am about to move forward to trying do both my vent windows as well as try maybe redo my power regulators if I can find another for the rear that was changed out.. This is good info to find.

3sp&3:08/10 boltPosi-Pwr Windows-Pwr Antenna
Silvermist w/BlackVinyl Top

http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t201/dracowizard/65/