THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 02-20-2020, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKerry View Post
My wife has a new mustang, not challenger fast but it is fast. SHE drives like nascar, and y'all know by now how I drive. She calls me an old man.

I generally do not do this kind of thing, but he pulled up on me and the conditions were just right at that second to have a little fun, I mean I’d never do this with my classics, so this was a one time thing.

Yes this picture is real, and is me just having a little fun. I might be old, but I’m not dead.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3144ECAD-0C02-43C6-9CBF-E9E354328C5C.jpeg
Views:	51
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	532507  

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 02-20-2020, 11:47 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKerry View Post
L
I hope we can all enjoy some happy motoring today, and this weekend its supposed to be warm enough for me to get my 300hp trans am out of the garage for some 55mph fun!
As a younger man I loved street racing but that when it was a lot quieter here in my town. With that being said
I CANT DRIVE 55

Had to be done

Old 02-20-2020, 11:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 75mph

75 mph on the hiway is not fast but 75 in town from traffic light to traffic light might not be a good idea. As for beating a good running Hemi with a 3.7 Jeep NOT going to happen. I have a 2017 Tradesman (bottom of the line) 5.7 Hemi with a 3.21 rear axle and it is no slug.

Old 02-21-2020, 06:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatracer1 View Post
75 mph on the hiway is not fast but 75 in town from traffic light to traffic light might not be a good idea. As for beating a good running Hemi with a 3.7 Jeep NOT going to happen. I have a 2017 Tradesman (bottom of the line) 5.7 Hemi with a 3.21 rear axle and it is no slug.
it happened. up to 75 mph.
6 car lengths; 1/8 mile. twice.
Sorry to disappoint you hemi owners.
Googled: 2017 Dodge hemi 1500 0-60mph 6.6- 8.8 seconds that is not quick.

All in good fun.

Last edited by F ROCK; 02-21-2020 at 07:01 AM.
Old 02-21-2020, 07:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

...and my jeep has 196K miles; and the check engine light is on LOL

I'd expected the race to be about two seconds and he'd just pull away.
I'd never mashed the pedal on the jeep and i'd always thought it was a dog.
Apparently the 2017 is the slowest (0-60) of the more recent dodge pickups, from what I very briefly googled.
Google says the jeep 0-60 is about 8.2 seconds. mine def got there quicker at least on that day lol.
I always root for the underdog. David beat Goliath, right?
Just for fun no harm done

Old 02-21-2020, 11:56 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The problem is the fly by wire throttle connection on these new cars. He probably floored the Hemi on take off and it just bogged. My wife has a 18 Daytona Charger. We were leaving Pittsburgh one evening right before rush hour. I was merging onto the highway and saw some expensive looking sports car coming up fast in the middle lane so I decided to have a little fun, or so I thought. I mashed the pedal and booooooooog. A couple Amish buggies passed me. If you give it half throttle or so it will scoot, especially in sport mode.

Old 02-21-2020, 12:48 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrookie View Post
The problem is the fly by wire throttle connection on these new cars. He probably floored the Hemi on take off and it just bogged. My wife has a 18 Daytona Charger. We were leaving Pittsburgh one evening right before rush hour. I was merging onto the highway and saw some expensive looking sports car coming up fast in the middle lane so I decided to have a little fun, or so I thought. I mashed the pedal and booooooooog. A couple Amish buggies passed me. If you give it half throttle or so it will scoot, especially in sport mode.
You can thank the traction control system for that. If it even thinks you will spin a tire, it sets the engine control to grandma mode. Not sure abut Chrysler, or Ford motor products, but hitting the traction control off switch will disable the grandma mode on General Motors stuff.

Old 02-21-2020, 03:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds like they need to go to the track and have a call out for some $$ and bragging rights. Remember the 21 century rule if it’s not recorded on video it never happen.

Old 02-23-2020, 08:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Only one of you was racing.