Old 08-16-2019, 06:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Cleaning aluminum

My intake manifold is as cast. My valve covers have been bead blasted and have an as cast finish too. Now that the engines assembled and started of course it all has greasy fingerprints on it etc. How do you guys clean up you intakes and things without damaging your chrome bits or engine?

Old 08-16-2019, 07:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Windex or if really greasy, aluminum wheel cleaner (the stuff that says safe for all wheels including clearcoated). Rinse with water in a trigger spray bottle or the wheel cleaner will white streak the aluminum. You may want to look into the Eastwood Diamond Clear for your intake and valve covers for ease of maintenance, For aluminum heads, you're sol.

Old 08-16-2019, 08:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeighborsComplaint View Post
aluminum wheel cleaner (the stuff that says safe for all wheels including clearcoated). Rinse with water in a trigger spray bottle or the wheel cleaner will white streak the aluminum.
That's what I use for aluminum. Works really good. The heavy-duty type is acid based, you have to be careful where you spray.

Let it sit for a minute and clean with water.

Old 08-21-2019, 03:11 PM

Default to all

I RECENTLY USED A MEDIUM COMPOUND, THEN TO A POLISHING COMPOULD, ON AN OLD ALUMINUM 2X4 BILLET AIR CLEANER AND HAND RUBBED ONLY
AND IT IS LOOKING GOOD.
PAULA

Old 08-21-2019, 05:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have used a product called "Renewsit" I picked it up from a semi truck sales, tractor truck (Semi's) store. Semi truck drivers use it all the time for cleaning their aluminum fuel tanks, trailers, bumpers, etc. Check with trucking centers for like products. The stuff I used works excellent !

The stuff I used was spray on, let sit for a few minutes then garden hose off.

Tim john---