Old 03-28-2022, 11:47 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default WTB - Original Hurst Wheel Lug Nuts and Trim Rings - any condition

I'm looking for an original set of lug nuts for some original Hurst Wheels, as well as a set of trim rings.

Just about any condition is fine on the lug nuts - also willing to buy however many you have (even one would be great so I at least have an example in hand) short of a full set.

I am also looking for some trim rings - again, just about any usable condition is fine. I'm not as concerned about these as it appears the parts place repops may fit the original wheels? Someone correct me if I'm wrong - information seems to be quite sparse on this subject. Either way I would still be interested in some 'rough' ones to possibly run as-is to match the unrestored wheels for now on my rough looking '65 post coupe.

Also, I realize that the parts place lug nuts are not like the originals - I'm just curious what the difference is, does anybody know? Would it be a good idea to have the old wheels machined and have inserts added to accept the repops?

Old 03-28-2022, 12:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Try Tom Rubinate at 480 3909058.

Old 03-28-2022, 12:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a few / maybe four original trim rings available. PM me for additional information.

Tim john---

Old 03-29-2022, 12:56 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom s View Post
Try Tom Rubinate at 480 3909058.
I already did!

Old 03-29-2022, 02:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hurst had 2 different lug nuts for the wheels as well as thread diameter.
The full size GM cars Hurst wheels had 1/2" studs and the A body cars had 7/16"

The wheel shanks were also made thick webbed and later thin. You need to match the lug nuts to the shank as well. (They all were made long at first and then later, when the wheels were re-designed to use less material; the lug nuts that fit those rims are shorter.)

Old 03-29-2022, 02:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There are also two different trim ring styles. The early design simply had a flange that folded over the backside of the hub or spider.
The second design utilized the spring clips which is the style that was reproduced. A number of years ago Barry Martin had these reproduced and the fit and finish was extremely good. I’m not sure if there’s any reproductions still being made?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-28-2022, 05:22 PM

Default Hurst lug nuts

Did you ever find lug nuts for your hurst rims? I have 2 thick and 2 thin shank wheels I also need nuts for. If I could find even one of each I would have a machine shop make more.

Tom

Old 11-28-2022, 05:23 PM

Did you ever find lug nuts? I have 2 thin and 2 thick shanks I need nuts for

Old 03-04-2023, 04:57 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

No I have not - I am with you - if I could just find one I'd look into having some made