Old 08-02-2010, 11:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default March 1969 Car Craft & Other..........

This is interesting to me so I've attached 3 pictures from the March 1969 Car Craft. From the later pages of the article, it indicates that this shows pictures of the Judge and Trans Am as they were in November 1968 when Car Craft was able to look at them.

The Judge has the paint slash at that point and the prototype wing. It also has the early style ram air cable connector that the early Baltimore cars came with and the early one piece rubber hose from the lower ram air pan to the hood.

The Trans Am is the early silver (I believe it is silver) prototype. There is also a picture of what appears to be a production Trans Am in the upper right of the second picture attached below, but this picture must have been obtained later from Pontiac because it was not taken at the drag strip as the other pictures. The magazine says that the front fender "scoops" were non-functional on this silver car.

The magazine seems to mislabel the engine pictures as the Judge's engine is clearly the one on the right in the last picture attached below.

I believe if you save the pictures and enlarge them, you can see some more detail.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0100.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	214014   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0103.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	214015   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0104.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	214016  

Some people know all of their rights, but none of their obligations.

Last edited by Bet Winner; 08-02-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Very cool!!

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com

Old 08-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This picture has absolutely zippo to do with the Car Craft magazine, but it's not worth a separate thread. (Of course when we have threads devoted to make believe Judge Clone car classes, what is not worthy..................? lol)

I ordered this from a 1982 AC Delco magazine advertisement and the folder over packaging contains Ken Dallison prints of the 1982 Z-28, 1982 Trans Am, 1969 Judge and 1968 Hurst Olds. It does have the AC/GM/Delco logo's on the back so maybe it is collectible.

I am probably the only person that ordered one of these..............................
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0105.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	214024  

Old 08-03-2010, 06:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Old magazines are great to look at.

Car is a junk yard dog and maybe one day will be restored.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Great magazine scan and pics!

Bet, are you not missing a page from the magazine above? Seems the 2nd and 3rd pics are not consequent to each other and that another page should be there in between

Old 08-03-2010, 01:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thats worth a few dollars to the right collector. Very cool set.

Jeff

Old 08-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bet Winner View Post
I ordered this from a 1982 AC Delco magazine advertisement and the folder over packaging contains Ken Dallison prints of the 1982 Z-28, 1982 Trans Am, 1969 Judge and 1968 Hurst Olds. It does have the AC/GM/Delco logo's on the back so maybe it is collectible.

I am probably the only person that ordered one of these..............................
LOL!

...and again, I say: LOL!

My son has those hanging on the wall in his bedroom....

We got them at the last GM Heritage Center open house. They were giving them away as door prizes.

Now I know the history on those!

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
Old 08-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
LOL!
We got them at the last GM Heritage Center open house. They were giving them away as door prizes.
When only one is purchased, there are a lot left! How funny.

Did they give away the prints in the brown fold over that has Ken Dallison's name on the front?

(I just got a digital camera and wanted to post the magazine and the prints to see if anyone else had seen these.)

Old 08-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
LOL!

You never know what the HC will be giving away as lovely parting gifts.

BTW, I purchased two sets of the Dallison/A.C. prints in '82. Still have one set.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bet Winner View Post
When only one is purchased, there are a lot left! How funny.

Did they give away the prints in the brown fold over that has Ken Dallison's name on the front?

(I just got a digital camera and wanted to post the magazine and the prints to see if anyone else had seen these.)
I'll have to check. It seems they came in a manila envelope or something generic like that.

I'm also thinking there was one more print of a different vehicle, but I'll need to verify that too.

K

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
Old 08-04-2010, 02:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtoric View Post
You never know what the HC will be giving away as lovely parting gifts.

BTW, I purchased two sets of the Dallison/A.C. prints in '82. Still have one set.
Eric - IIRC, you chose a different lovely parting gift, like a GMC book or something?

K

Old 08-18-2010, 10:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I picked the Oldsmobile 100th anniversary coffee table book, "Setting the Pace." If the Dallison illustration portfolio had been available during my visit, I would have tried to pick that up as well. I may not have gotten far with two items in my hands. I did notice that several visitors had arms full of giveaway items. We were asked to take only one item, but, obviously, some guests were not asked to share the wealth.

BTW, the cars featured in the Dallison/A.C. Delco promo portfolio are: Silver '68 Hurst/Olds, Carousel red '69 GTO The Judge, Red '82 Firebird T/A, and Silver/Blue '82 Camaro IPC. Also offered with this promotion was a nice A.C. Delco fender cover. I purchased two of these items as well.

Last edited by gtoric; 08-18-2010 at 11:04 AM.