WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 03-13-2005, 12:13 AM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RJGTO67:
Amen, Charlzm, I agree with you. However, Rabon, who has less info than anybody in his profile, is obviously the troll of the year and probably owns nothing but an old Chebby Cabalier!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check my posts. You'll see pictures of both my '04 and my '05 Goat. And my real first name is Rabon. Wanna try again?
Old 03-13-2005, 12:40 AM
Senior Chief

Well said, pont3. I admit to name calling and hereby apologize to the three that I remember name calling (you know who you are). Whether or not they accept my apology, I am through with name calling.

In my defense, my ONLY postings to this forum have been in the 2004 chat room because I own one and began by defending it against people who don't own one and seem to only come to this chat room to pick and choose spots to slander the cars and their owners. Some of them don't name call, yet they chime in at every opportunity to belittle someone. That in my view is a sure sign of low self-esteem (sorry, I don't mean that to be name calling again).

Any member of this forum can view my previous post and will see a number in which I have posted only about the cars and even have admitted and comment to some negative things about the cars. True, such viewers will also see my negative posts, for which I do apologize.

As for my public profile, I have never placed much information about myself on open forums. If anyone wants to know something about me, all they have to do is send me a private note or ask me in the 2004 chat room. Nevertheless, my first name is Rabon.

Finally, I do not post in other automobile forums/chat rooms such as Ford, Chrysler, BMW or even vintage GTO chat rooms. Furthermore, I would consider it a true definition of "trolling" if I were to go there for the sole purpose of belittling the vehicles or the owners of those vehicles.

Ozzy, Trace and Charlzm: Please don't leave. Better to stay and ignor any post that is bulls@#$.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:47 AM
Senior Chief

Just so no one has to take time to go looking at my other posts to find the pics. I'll have better ones when the snow finally leaves.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-003S.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	17855  
Old 03-13-2005, 01:18 AM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Hall:
...As for performance, I can only attest to the performance of the 04. A few months ago, NickV took me out for a ride in his. I fell in love with the car just from sitting in the passengers seat. I would love to find out how an 05 feels, but I do not want to just go to a dealer and waste the salesperson's time just for a joyride since I'm not in the market for a new car. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can give you a bit of info on the performance difference between the '04 and '05. For the most part, I feel that the '04 HP rating is just about right. Of the ones I test drove before I purchased mine they were roughly equal to the top-end F-bodies, which, as everyone knows, were slightly underated in HP. For the record, the '04 I own feels just a notch above the LS1 F-bodies I have driven.

Now to the '05: It feels like the 400/400 rating could be low, although the "published" 0-60 and 1/4 times don't necessarily agree with this statement. I will be finding out if those numbers are real when the local track opens. In the meantime, I have simply never driven a factory car that accelerates better (and yes, I know there are plenty of "factory" cars that could eat the '05 GTO for lunch but damn few in its price range). The acceleration is on par with a modified '69 Camaro that an old friend of mine had when I was a kid and it had about 400 RW HP. My '05 is a 6-speed and everyone (engineers, test drivers, published literature, etc.) is saying that the auto is quicker. I haven't driven an auto in either the '04 or '05 but if the auto truly does accelerate better and you ever get the opportunity to test drive either it or a stick, I am sure the smile won't leave your face for a good while.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:42 PM

Feel is too subjective. Anybody had a dyno test done? Rabon, you have both. How about a dyno test?
Old 03-13-2005, 09:57 PM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RJGTO67:
Feel is too subjective. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As well are "looks" .
2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Jeff Gordon Edition
2017 Dodge Challenger SXT Black Top Edition
Old 03-14-2005, 06:42 AM
Senior Chief

Feel is too subjective. Anybody had a dyno test done? Rabon, you have both. How about a dyno test? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haven't yet. Probably will in the spring.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

DJ, I just checked out your site..... your dad has a BITCHIN' CHEVELLE! Does it have a big block?

"I open up three deuces, I'm Never Coming Back!"

Old 03-16-2005, 03:09 AM

First post.

Charizm, I was thinking the exact same thing. I
think that some "people" would just be happier
if Pontiac would close up and go away. That way
they could just sit around and talk about the
good old days when men were men and a Pontiac
was a Pontiac. These people are stuck in the
past. So what if it doesn't look like a '64 or
a '70 GTO? The '04 GTO looks like it would have
if Pontiac had kept making it for all these years.
Rabon, nice '05!! How's that color in person?
P.S. I also noticed that when the post got civil
again, the trolls stopped posting. Just ignore
them and they will go away.
13.30 @ 106
Mods: Loudmouth, MTI Lid, BFG DR's
Old 03-16-2005, 10:19 PM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BirdBryan:
First post.

Charizm, I was thinking the exact same thing. I
think that some "people" would just be happier
if Pontiac would close up and go away. That way
they could just sit around and talk about the
good old days when men were men and a Pontiac
was a Pontiac. These people are stuck in the
past. So what if it doesn't look like a '64 or
a '70 GTO? The '04 GTO looks like it would have
if Pontiac had kept making it for all these years.
Rabon, nice '05!! How's that color in person?
P.S. I also noticed that when the post got civil
again, the trolls stopped posting. Just ignore
them and they will go away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The color is very nice and a little easier to keep clean than the Phantom Black, as you would expect. I also took a huge chance and had a special window tint done that really looks great. I'm thinking the 18" Australian stock rims will complete the package. Hopefully, I'll post more pics soon (the snow is almost gone, finally!).