Old 06-19-2020, 12:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry H. View Post
My guess is that the seller is not a'car guy' and bought it for an investment. The car looks restored all the way to me. I've owned low mileage cars (none with only 1200 miles though) and this isn't one. Even has reproduction battery cables (notice the terminal end is bigger than an original one). The silver metallic paint in those years was NOT good and would need repainting in just a few thousand miles and it was not as shiny as this one. As most have posted there is no way that is an untouched engine compartment. Definitely NOT a 100k car, not even a 50k car.
If I was looking for a 64 GTO , silver/vinyl roof/ 4-speed/tri-power, numbers matching, 50K doesn't seem out of line for this car. But several posters said 50K was way too much for a nice car like this, regardless of the true mileage and probable restoration. I guess I am a little surprised by the low perceived value of a nice 64 GTO. I thought they were worth more? Certainly not 100K. That's general insanity IMO.

Old 06-19-2020, 08:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry H. View Post
My guess is that the seller is not a'car guy' and bought it for an investment. The car looks restored all the way to me. I've owned low mileage cars (none with only 1200 miles though) and this isn't one. Even has reproduction battery cables (notice the terminal end is bigger than an original one). The silver metallic paint in those years was NOT good and would need repainting in just a few thousand miles and it was not as shiny as this one. As most have posted there is no way that is an untouched engine compartment.
Thats about what i was thinking too.
Full Resto - with 1200 miles since completion is probably the reality.

Would be curious to see what PHS says on it before trying to ballpark its worth.