Old 05-29-2020, 10:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
pastry_chef is a honorable poster and one smart guy. He meant no disrespect by his post. But you come along.....
My question was in general. This is a fairly high HP build and there has got to be others higher. Wondering how they were doing with head gaskets. So I asked.
Heads I have were changed every 25 passes but it was sprayed too.
We haven't got enough time with these heads yet to determine how, what or why on head gaskets holding up. So far we have not seen any issues at all, but I hate to say there isn't one with not enough data. We do have a boosted car with twin turbos and it looked pretty good when he tore it down. My 455 test mule looked it had never even been run and we put 30 to 40 pulls on the dyno and another 40 passes at the track. It was only 10.3 to 1 though.

330-628-3354 cell
Designer if the DCI Tiger Heads and the NEW DCI Ram Air 5 Heads !!!!!
Old 05-29-2020, 10:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 535 tall deck View Post
Don is that Cris Uratchkos intake?
Not on this one. He is testing right now with a sheet metal tunnel ram we built here in house. Chris's intake is going on a max effort build hopefully this summer.

330-628-3354 cell
Designer if the DCI Tiger Heads and the NEW DCI Ram Air 5 Heads !!!!!
Old 05-29-2020, 11:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dci View Post
We haven't got enough time with these heads yet to determine how, what or why on head gaskets holding up. So far we have not seen any issues at all, but I hate to say there isn't one with not enough data. We do have a boosted car with twin turbos and it looked pretty good when he tore it down. My 455 test mule looked it had never even been run and we put 30 to 40 pulls on the dyno and another 40 passes at the track. It was only 10.3 to 1 though.
Thanks Don, thats what I was looking for. So far so good it seems.