THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:13 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The only aspect of it that would bother me is if it was something that could make the house worth less when I sold it. In NY a realty is supposed to tell you about things like that. But if thats not the case there, The fact that it happened would not bother me enough to walk away from a good home. If its a good house and fits your needs, I say go for it. Good luck with it.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:18 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I would not worry about the possible "ghost" issue. My house is over 140 years old and I'm sure in that time someone has died in the house but we have not experienced anything.

The garage's and acreage are a plus but the sewer issue would scare me.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:48 AM
Suspended

Wink

Do you eat hotdogs? Perhaps if you examined or thought too much about it you might not.

IMO - Buy it unless it is a nagging bother to YOU and your loved ones. If so, pass.

Unless "the 20% savings" turn out to be related to other issues with the property and structures, which may kill the deal for you. Don't let the "distraction" keep you from proper due diligence of all aspects of the purchase.

Just MO.

Old 01-25-2014, 08:01 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOWAGON View Post
I know the people that live in a certain house in amityville it's a nice house and they like it a lot and haven't had any problems. If you like the house buy it
wow..i always wondered what happened at that house after the family they made the movie on moved out---i have read numerous books and saw as many documentaries on that house as i can think of, and im sorry, i wouldnt live within 100 miles of that baby if they gave me the place for free...theres just too many things that go on that cannot be explained and i hope that when i buy a house its ghost free..

Old 01-25-2014, 10:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho428 View Post
Lizzy Borden took an axe...
Gave her husband who just bought a camaro 40 wacks !

501 HP, 554 ft lbs TQ
12.14 ET @ 114 MPH , Supercase Muncie M22, 3:55
Suspension: HO Racing, BMR< Sykorat, and Bilsteins
Narrowed 12 bolt , 16x8 VintageWheel Works,
Comp T/As on street, MT Drag Radials @ Strip

http://www.sdperformance.com/custome...1.php?carID=42
Old 01-25-2014, 10:10 PM

Dead guy wouldn't bother me a bit. Septic would bug the hell outta me.I HATE digging in poo

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 01-26-2014, 03:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

California law requires disclosure of a death on the property if within the last three years - or longer if death was brutal. BUT, if the death was caused by aids, no disclosure needs to be made. That's assbackwards to me...

Just include in the purchase contract that the sewer system must be certified to be in proper working order at time of sale.

Old 01-26-2014, 12:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That wouldn't brother me at all. I was told a previous owner died in my house,probably in my bedroom as they were older. Next Halloween open it up as haunted house and charge $10 bucks a head.

Old 01-26-2014, 01:46 PM
Senior Chief

Wouldn't bother me but it might have problems to prospective new buyer when it's time for you to move on, taking longer to sell or or buyers asking for big discount because of history.

Good Luck Gregg

Old 01-26-2014, 09:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It wouldn't bother me one damn bit. Get that house!

Old 01-26-2014, 09:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeebo View Post
wow..i always wondered what happened at that house after the family they made the movie on moved out---i have read numerous books and saw as many documentaries on that house as i can think of, and im sorry, i wouldnt live within 100 miles of that baby if they gave me the place for free...theres just too many things that go on that cannot be explained and i hope that when i buy a house its ghost free..
Aside from the family being killed by the son nothing ever happened there and unlike in the movies there are houses on either side about 25 feet away. The family that lived there and wrote the book lived there for a short time and the neighbors never heard about a thing until the book came out. I have been in the house many times and never screen a thing it was all a big hoax to sell books

1931 Pontiac 5 window coupe OHC6 powered
2015 GMC Yukon SLT
Old 03-20-2014, 03:48 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well quick update.

Murder – no proof at all has been found of anything.

Sewer problems – No sign of it. City had no complaints on file. Talked to one house owner across the street and he never had problems. The power has been off for 24 months which shut off the sump pump. Water has got in the basement so it needs some major clean up but no signs anywhere of sewage.

Turns out by the court papers, owner took a new loan out on the property in 2005 and barely made a payment until they finally kicked him out in 2012. No idea why, but he did not just walk away.

End result - we have been going back and forth with the bank that owns the property. They accepted our offer Tuesday. Signed papers yesterday. Get keys in a few weeks. Ended up about 40% below “B” condition appraised.

It needs work. Been neglected for years and vacant for two.
Have a long list of repairs before moving in. Might be asking for advice on a few things here – HINT HINT Boss.

Probably going to throw a Halloween party, break out the Ouija board and make an offering to the Pontiac gods (just in case).

Guess all car stuff will be put on hold for this summer.
If anybody lives in Streetsboro, ohio – I am heading your way. Listen for the exhaust!

Old 03-20-2014, 05:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The (alleged) murder wouldn't bother me a bit as far as being on the property or house. Just think, millions of people have been murdered on the planet earth since the beginning of mankind. Nobody worries about being on the same planet that all those murders happened on do they?
...and if it did bother me....I'd just go out and look at that magnificent 5 car garage!
:jealous:

Old 03-20-2014, 05:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

5 car out building...I'm buying it

Old 03-20-2014, 05:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Technically bigger than 5 car.
It is 33x50.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Congratulations Brian - I'm very happy for you!

You've got my number, call any time!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 03-20-2014, 06:42 PM

When the realtor showed me my house, the first thing I noticed when I walked in the front door was what looked like blood stains on the ceiling. The stains looked like they had been painted over but had bled through. I said something to the realtor about it looking like blood stains but she ignored me. After I had moved in I found out from 2 different neighbors that a previous owner had committed suicide in the living room. Apparently he had shot himself in the head. I used KILZ to primer and seal the stained area and then repainted the entire ceiling.

I think about what happened occasionally but it would not have stopped me from buying the house had I known. It's the sound of foot steps coming up the cellar stairs in the early morning hours when I'm the only one home that freaks me out!

Old 03-20-2014, 08:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We had to rent out our house up in NY when I got hurt. 2 NY State Troopers rented it. The girl's uncle moved in with them and died in the front bedroom. After their lease was up we moved back in. Had a couple of 'strange' things happen that shook up my wife. We called a woman that had written a couple of books on ghosts in the North Country of NY. She said to completely repaint that whole room and the ghost should leave. We painted it, and after we did no more spooky things happened.

So buy it and repaint the whole house. Besides, paint is cheap and works. Even paint the grass outside... if there's a ghost she'll move on.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Judge View Post
Gave her husband who just bought a camaro 40 wacks !
LMAO....

Get that Judge in the 11's, yet???

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 03-21-2014, 12:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wondering if the deadbeat owner made up that story to hold on to the house longer? BTW we need pictures (of the 5 car garage)

TOM