THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-24-2014, 07:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

^^^^comment hidden as to not offend..

Old 01-24-2014, 10:12 PM

MMMMMMMMMM the 80's those were good times. I'd do it again in heartbeat.

to make you guys drool.
66GTO hardtop tripower 3 speed, essentially rust free, Blue over white. 125.00

1969 RA4 4 speed limelite GTO [ not judge] Black interior, low option low mile car, MINT one owner, tight survivor, 2800.00.

Too many others to talk about.

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mike nixon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2014, 09:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Did not realize how much I missed the 80s until I was in a Dr. office yesterday filling out papers. Nothing but OLD sick people and a baby. In full frequency and volume over the nice sound system VanHalen came on playing 'Everybody Wants Some'. It sounded so good I felt guilty digging it. "Nah, nah, nah don't take them off…"

When I told the story to a buddy he said, "That was 1980. A long time ago!" No. it was just yesterday wasn't it?

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
66 Bonneville 2d HT - In perpetual progress
Old 01-25-2014, 12:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The other day I heard a car do a fairly long burn out and it reminded me of the late '60's and 70's when you pretty much heard those every day of the week and especially on Friday and Saturday nights. I can remember before I was old enough to drive bolting out the door to try and see what kind of cars where racing or who was laying down the stripes.

Old 01-25-2014, 01:07 PM
Suspended

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike nixon View Post
MMMMMMMMMM the 80's those were good times. I'd do it again in heartbeat.

to make you guys drool.
66GTO hardtop tripower 3 speed, essentially rust free, Blue over white. 125.00

1969 RA4 4 speed limelite GTO [ not judge] Black interior, low option low mile car, MINT one owner, tight survivor, 2800.00.

Too many others to talk about.
Now That's What I'm Talking About!

Old 01-25-2014, 03:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

oh..you want to talk about cars and prices in the 80s? really...well..heres a few i delt with

71 GTO 400-4spd triple black 52,xxx miles drove it home for $500

71 Judge...complete, dark green (wildreness maybe?) $1700.00...yeah thats right

70 LS6..minty..$4500.00

67 Plymouth Sox & Martin back up car( never chased the truth, but was painted and lettered..real hemi car)...red white blue..real Hemi..$2200.00..found it 25 years later at R&R auto salvage in S Mo...for $30 grand..so assume it was real..

Red 70 hemi cuda..just stumbled onto it..roller $500.00 guy had no idea it was a hemi

71 Super Bee..440+6 auto real...brown real ugly...missing orig motor..came with a 69 hemi in pieces $3000.00...found it 25 years later at R&R this time no motor etc..he wanted 12 grand,,,well she did Ron already passed away and she was liquidating projects.

71 Stage one GS black on black auto $6000.000 and freakin mint 1 owner grand pa car

64 gto drove it home $400.00

67 GTO white loaded auto drove it home...$600.00

and about 50 67-69 camaros..running and driving, most drove home...$300...to $500 each...and they where on every corner...of every neighborhood...just cars....few SS cars..my favorite...69 camaro..275h 327 4 speed 12 bolt muncie..etc..Hugger orange...white vinyl...white hounds tooth interior..drove it home...a girls daily driver..it was orange..so it was girley..i drove it home..tortured it for a few months..$500...i sold a 65 SS malibu 4 speed..looking back probably a real L79 car to get the girley camaro..lol

i can go on..for days...

havent even put thought to the firebirds and trans ams i bought for parts..lol...

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

The Following User Says Thank You to marxjunk For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2014, 06:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

the cheapest 69 t/a I bought was 1900.00 complete with ra pans and exhaust manifolds.

The Following User Says Thank You to muscle_collector For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2014, 10:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to harry k Send a message via MSN to harry k Send a message via Yahoo to harry k

Bought my 1980 Trans Am in 1980, built in Van Nuys plant, sold at Prestige Pontiac dealership (long gone now,its some Infinity or something else in there now) on Van Nuys blvd.,lived in Van Nuys since then,cruised the early 80ees on Van Nuys blvd, even though here 2009 they tried to bring back van nuys blvd cruising, it happened for a few summers and it died again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNuivmgvGRE

NOTHING CAN TOUCH THE 80EEEEEEEEEES !!!!!!!!!

Old 01-25-2014, 10:23 PM

BTW I Loved that the women were real. I still listen to the music so I don't miss it. Some of the live shows yes, the music lives on

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 01-25-2014, 10:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

In the early 80's I have memories of raising hell in my 78 WS6, 4 speed, W72 Trans Am and big lines of cocaine. Probably a good thing I kept the Poncho habit and shed the other!

Old 01-26-2014, 01:56 AM
Senior Chief

I'm 56 so the 80's were great to me because of much of what has been mentioned.

However, regarding the internet---

I'm very involved in a Canadian Pontiac forum and I've made many many new friends on there. Not just friends who are "internet" friends but friends I get together with and can share victories and failures with, support and receive support from. Most of these I would never have known without internet.