Old 01-25-2015, 05:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Agree totally!

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 01-27-2015, 04:37 AM
Senior Chief

Two 73 SD cars for sale.
http://www.cars-on-line.com/73460.html
cameo white auto $100000
http://www.cars-on-line.com/76821.html
Brewster Green Manual $195000 and a website to go with it.
http://www.73sd.smugmug.com/

Old 01-27-2015, 12:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscicluna007 View Post
Two 73 SD cars for sale.
cameo white auto $100000
The white one has been for sale for a while. (I remember the Ford blue engine) The guy would never answer his contact numbers so I gave up on that one a few years ago. Driver quality with crusty, black spray-bombed underside,

Old 01-27-2015, 02:01 PM
Suspended

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscicluna007 View Post
Two 73 SD cars for sale.
cameo white auto $100000
http://www.cars-on-line.com/76821.html
Brewster Green Manual $195000 and a website to go with it.
http://www.73sd.smugmug.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsteve View Post
The white one has been for sale for a while. (I remember the Ford blue engine) The guy would never answer his contact numbers so I gave up on that one a few years ago. Driver quality with crusty, black spray-bombed underside,
Reason your never had seller answer you Steve may be that car was already sold, and/or no longer FS.

I've noticed several Pontiacs listed on that cars-on-line in the past & appear to be grabbed from expired FS ads I recognized off of Craigslist etc. not sure the reason for the site listing the old ads?

Old 01-27-2015, 03:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That's possible. But he had posted the car on a Canadian website and I replied within a day of his original posting. No big deal since I eventually found a much nicer car. And I will never go through the grief of importing a car from a foreign country again. (Thanks to NJ DMV).

Old 01-27-2015, 06:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
That's possible. But he had posted the car on a Canadian website and I replied within a day of his original posting. No big deal since I eventually found a much nicer car. And I will never go through the grief of importing a car from a foreign country again. (Thanks to NJ DMV).
Steve, Amen to that brother. I purchased my '71 HO Formy late last October and it is finally arriving later this week from Toronto. Everything I had to do took 15 to 30 days to approve or clear. If I don't have to do it again, I won't. It would have to be the car of my dreams. The seller and I are glad it is finally over.

Dennis

Old 01-27-2015, 07:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD455DJ View Post
Steve, Amen to that brother. I purchased my '71 HO Formy late last October and it is finally arriving later this week from Toronto. Everything I had to do took 15 to 30 days to approve or clear. If I don't have to do it again, I won't. It would have to be the car of my dreams. The seller and I are glad it is finally over.

Dennis
I bought two cars up in canada before and all I did was take the title to my local dmv and was able to get a title.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You're lucky. Since Canada doesn't have titles in any legal sense that NJ would recognize, New Jersey considered it the same as if I brought the car in from North Korea. Didn't matter that it was manufactured in the US and shipped to Canada.

Old 01-28-2015, 06:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Since Canada doesn't have titles in any legal sense that NJ would recognize, New Jersey considered it the same as if I brought the car in from North Korea.
Errrr...huh? Every Canadian province has auto titles, some provinces call them a "Registration" (such as where I live). But it is a VERY legal document. Further, has NJ DMV not heard of the Canada-U.S. auto pact and how it pretty much ensured that any car made during the musclecar era was an American manufactured product? Sounds like they need a kick in the bureaucracy.

Old 01-28-2015, 09:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes, NJ DMV is right out of the stone age. Since the "Provincial Registration" did not say "Title" , NJ would not consider it a title.

Here's an example: NJ DMV required an original or carbon copy of the US Customs entry form. Well, the US Customs uses a computer generated form and has not used carbon paper for approximately 25 years. So, the NJ "Foreign Title Unit" refused to accept the computer generated form and no matter what I told them explaining the facts, they would respond in a perfect robotic voice: "We require an original or a carbon copy, Sir." I had to contact the importing company and they had to hand carry a printed out copy to the Niagara Falls border crossing and have an embossed entry stamp placed on the form. And of course US Customs required a 24 hour waiting period for the return of the document to the importer.

Oh, and in NJ everything involving a foreign vehicle is done by mail. Nothing in person. So they would send a little 3x5 card indicating you were missing one item. I would supply them with the item and then two weeks later I'd get another card that said I was missing another item. It seems that they would not review the entire document package and make one list of missing items, instead they would stop at the first missing document and send a card. Just plain stupid. And keep in mind that this was after I sent them every item on the initial list of documents they requested.

The car got here in two weeks from British Columbia. It took more than three months to get a title here in NJ.

Last edited by njsteve; 01-28-2015 at 09:19 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Holy. Flipping. Crap.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have an engine from a 74 auto SD car. Complete/original including block, carb, intake, heads, alternator, dist, manifolds, egr, valve covers, etc. Looks like only the water pump has been changed. No starter. VIN on block is 24N1604--. If your close let me know. Be glad to send this engine to it's original home. Or I would purchase the 'home' and bring it here to the engine.

Including a pic of a stamp found on the block. I found it interesting. I don't remember seeing this on other engines.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	014.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	388762  

Old 01-29-2015, 09:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default CANADIAN FIREBIRDS

does anyone know what they call Canadian Firebirds?..and no, I am not drinking...its les FIRBIRDS...actually on E BAY they have a cool 1971 brochure with the TRANS AM on it..I thought it looked neat..I really need to learn how to link?!

Old 01-29-2015, 10:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd455hota View Post
I have an engine from a 74 auto SD car. Complete/original including block, carb, intake, heads, alternator, dist, manifolds, egr, valve covers, etc. Looks like only the water pump has been changed. No starter. VIN on block is 24N1604--. If your close let me know. Be glad to send this engine to it's original home. Or I would purchase the 'home' and bring it here to the engine.

Including a pic of a stamp found on the block. I found it interesting. I don't remember seeing this on other engines.
close, will have to check my numbers when I get home Saturday.

Old 02-14-2015, 12:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

epay car that looks pretty straight but like them all some weird stuff. Nice to see original stuff but the blk spray bomb prep killed the motor comartment for me. Also appears to be undercoated however no drill holes in the door jambs..http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pontiac-Tran...US_Cars_Trucks

Old 02-21-2015, 12:47 PM

Longshot question. I am about the restore a 74 Trans Am real 445 SD car, I have a complete newly rebuilt Y8 code SD engine but the VIN number does not match my car, if any possible I would like to reunite the original block to this car. I have a real rebuilt SD engine/block to swap for the original block if the current owner would like or possibly buy outright. If anyone knows where the # matching block is, the last 7 on my car's VIN# are, N160883. My car was last registered in Oklahoma in 1981. I am going to post this several places so "duplicate post" replies are unneeded. PM me if you have any info a finders fee will be paid if the original engine is located and a deal reached

40+ year Pontiac fan, currently 6 Poncho's of note. #1 is a 27,800 mile 1979 W72 4 speed, WS6, sunburst yellow w/tan hobnail interior T/A #2 is a 1980 WS6 white w/blue hobnail T/A .030 over 455 w/SD rods and 4 bolt mains, CNC ported SD performance Edeblrock heads, roller cam, full MSD, built 700R4, vigilante, HO racing suspension, hooker roll bar and so on. 2 1974 455 SD trans ams, 73 "resto mod" formula and a 74 400 Formula

White car link http://rides.webshots.com/album/514510832WlgXKL
Old 02-22-2015, 09:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Its along shot but wish you all the luck possible. Keep us posted if anything pops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutchinaugusta View Post
Longshot question. I am about the restore a 74 Trans Am real 445 SD car, I have a complete newly rebuilt Y8 code SD engine but the VIN number does not match my car, if any possible I would like to reunite the original block to this car. I have a real rebuilt SD engine/block to swap for the original block if the current owner would like or possibly buy outright. If anyone knows where the # matching block is, the last 7 on my car's VIN# are, N160883. My car was last registered in Oklahoma in 1981. I am going to post this several places so "duplicate post" replies are unneeded. PM me if you have any info a finders fee will be paid if the original engine is located and a deal reached

Old 02-23-2015, 08:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I just forwarded this to somebody who could potentially know....

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 02-23-2015, 09:42 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default oil sending unit

Can someone post a picture of an original oil sending unit for the 73 SD w/ gauges?

Old 02-27-2015, 07:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
I just forwarded this to somebody who could potentially know....
boss its my old car. he actually called me today and we talked for a bit on the phone and its still registered in my name. it had the wrong block in it when I bought it way back in the 80's.