Old 06-10-2003, 07:48 PM

My question is this: what were the gear ratios available with the '81 TA? My car seems to have some kind of performance gear, as it really is up there in RPM's on the highway. I'm easily running 3,000 RPM on the highway and people are passing me right & left. I'm thinking aroung 3.42 or lower. Thanks to all!

Steve

Old 06-10-2003, 07:48 PM

My question is this: what were the gear ratios available with the '81 TA? My car seems to have some kind of performance gear, as it really is up there in RPM's on the highway. I'm easily running 3,000 RPM on the highway and people are passing me right & left. I'm thinking aroung 3.42 or lower. Thanks to all!

Steve

Old 06-10-2003, 08:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds llike 3.73s or something. dont know if that was an option then may be an after market gear added by some one else.
Mike

Old 06-10-2003, 10:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: The ObamaNation we once called the United States of America

Sounds like its probably 3.73s.Wish mine had those in it.Mine has 2.56 gears......good for gas mileage or highway cruising but not cool for performance.Gotta get some new gears for the posi rear I have,the 2.56s are way to high for me.
Colin

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security deserves neither and will loose both."-Benjamin Franklin
Old 06-24-2003, 02:23 PM

Was working on the TA today & jacked up the rear end to pull old mangled exhaust out. Looked at the rear end & saw a posi tag on it . Put the tranny in nuetral & spun the tires, both tires turn same direction . placed a piece of tape on the tire & driveshaft & rotated tire around once, driveshaft turned almost 3 3/4 times. I figure it's a 3.73 rear end! Kick ass!!

Steve