73-77 A-body TECH Includes 73GTO, LeMans, Grand Am, Can Am

Old 09-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't think they would cost that much if reproduced. My reasoning is because I also have a couple of 67 Impalas and for a long time, either used or NOS were the only choices. An NOS set could bring $500. It took a while, but then, 3 or 4 years ago, somebody started reproducing the wheel opening moldings(WOMs) for 67 and 68 Impalas. 67's and 68's share the same rear WOMs. The fronts are different between the 2 years. And these are the only cars that use these moldings, so who would have thought the demand would be that big for them. I didn't. But anyway, when they came out new, I think the retail price was around $280 for a set. Now, on eBay, I see them for $150 for a new repro set.
So, I think the same could happen for the 73-77 abods. I wouldn't be surprised if they even make the 73 rear moldings too, since if they make 74-77's, the 73 is so close to them that it wouldn't be hard to make. If not, 74-77 will still fit a 73 very well with just a very easy small modification at one screw hole. I've done it on my 73 GA .

Old 09-06-2006, 09:06 PM
Senior Chief

Question

I was looking at my RPO codes the other night (75 cup edtion) and the code for the hood was T36 not T86 , canadian code or a typo ? mike.

Old 09-09-2006, 08:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Horst, what memo shows the cancellation of the RA system?
Brian sent me a copy of the letter a few years ago. I'll scan it and email it to you as soon as I get a chance.

Quote:
I went through all my literature (including a '73 order form) and cannot find any UPC for a non-functional WU3 hood.
I couldn't find it either, but my '73 info is far from complete. Anyone have a '73 A-body billing sheet from PHS?

Old 09-09-2006, 09:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for offering to scan that Horst. My paperwork is buried in storage somewhere in my basement and not readily accessible.

Old 09-09-2006, 09:55 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75cancup
I was looking at my RPO codes the other night (75 cup edtion) and the code for the hood was T36 not T86 , canadian code or a typo ? mike.
...what about bi-focal error? My 50 year old eyes can easily mix up a 3 and an 8!

Old 09-10-2006, 11:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I'll check into it. I thought it was odd too, but then '74 hoods have vents and '75 hoods do not. With any of this info you really need to check multiple sources. There are typos in GM manuals, parts books and literature, plus GM changes things without neccessarily putting it in a memo or service bulletin. Only way to really verify is to check the options books against the dealer order form (which can change during the year) against PHS billing history and possibly the sheet on top of the gas tank.

Old 09-12-2006, 09:47 AM
Senior Chief

Question Fiedlerh

my code came off of the documents that GM canada sent me , thats what i'm going by. mike.