Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 06-18-2020, 09:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Website

I think I read somewhere that Ames website was being re-vamped. I wish that would happen soon. I buy probably 80% of my parts from Ames, however their website leaves A LOT to be desired. Looks like a product of the 80's (if there was such a thing). Without a catalog and part numbers searching for a product is near impossible. If I am searching through a catalog then I dont need a website!!! My method now is to go through the cat., write down the item no.s I need, then go to the website, re-enter the product no.s in my cart, then hit order. The website itself is basically useless and is instead an online order form. Come on guys, get with the 21st century.

Old 05-12-2021, 04:57 PM

I just tried to find a power window up and down switch got nothing. I agree with you
JJS

Old 05-13-2021, 09:18 AM
Ames Tech Staff member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKerry View Post
I think I read somewhere that Ames website was being re-vamped. I wish that would happen soon. I buy probably 80% of my parts from Ames, however their website leaves A LOT to be desired. Looks like a product of the 80's (if there was such a thing). Without a catalog and part numbers searching for a product is near impossible. If I am searching through a catalog then I dont need a website!!! My method now is to go through the cat., write down the item no.s I need, then go to the website, re-enter the product no.s in my cart, then hit order. The website itself is basically useless and is instead an online order form. Come on guys, get with the 21st century.
A new website has been in the works for quite some time now. Please bear with us as we are closing in on the final product and working out the final kinks. The updated site should be up and running very shortly.

Old 05-13-2021, 11:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That sounds fantastic, I have always had GREAT service with AMES. Def my go to for trans am parts.

Old 05-13-2021, 11:13 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via ICQ to Tim66
Default website

I agree definitly needs to be updated.I would buy most of my parts there if they had a good website.I don't know why its taking so long to get into the 21 century.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tim66 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2021, 07:37 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I had a problem one time when the Ames site went down when I had a large order with a lot of items in my cart going. I contacted Ames to tell them about the outage and that I was concerned that my cart might be lost. But when the site came back up many hours later, it was still there. At that time the person did tell me a new site was in the works.

The present site is pretty dated but now that I'm used to it, it does work pretty well. The only thing I don't like is that their photos of actual parts are so small. I hope the new site will update that so that you can zoom in to really be able to see the parts well.

Anyway, I see that we haven't had an update about the status of a new site for over 5 months. It is taking a long time but I hope that means there won't be any bugs to work out when they do switch over.

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO
Old 10-29-2021, 09:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I had forgotten all about the supposed website upgrade. I just keep doing business the usual way. Open the catalog, pick out an item and place the order. Almost like just sending the order sheet via computer.