THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 05-08-2022, 08:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom s View Post
Thereby s a V in one of those!
Let me guess...the one on the lower left?

Old 05-08-2022, 09:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Very good Stu!

Old 05-11-2022, 11:54 AM

Great thread and video! What are you V guys running for ignition? Should be a Delco CD for correctness I think.

Old 05-11-2022, 01:54 PM

Always great to see a 69 TA no matter the story.
In this case, give the thing a mild cleaning at least to remove the destructive mould etc, jeeezz.
And there is no need to wail the hood shut. And power slam the doors.

Old 05-11-2022, 04:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I remember that car. First time I met Bruce, he told me to meet him at Z & Z. Car was being fired up, was nearly finished, Doors, fenders and seats were not in/on yet. Must have been 1987, as that was the year I bought a 69 TA from MR in Santa Monica.

Old 05-11-2022, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70TA-RAIII View Post
Great thread and video! What are you V guys running for ignition? Should be a Delco CD for correctness I think.
Here is what I am using.......

RAV - Distributor # 1111972 dated 0B13
RAV - Delco - Remy CD Ignition box # 1115345 [ don't remember date ]
RAV - Delco - Remy #406 coil [ ultra rare square coil ] dated 9D14

Old 05-11-2022, 06:12 PM

Nice! All hard stuff to come up with anymore!

Old 05-11-2022, 06:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Old Article on RA V setup:

RA V Story

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnta1 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2022, 02:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 1969 T/A RA V

I was friends with Phil Bauman when I lived in Dallas back in the 80’s. I remember visiting him one day to take a look at the RA. V stuff he had bought and it was pretty amazing. He had bought a red 70 Judge that he planned to install this engine into. Phil was the most expert GTO person I ever knew, but he decided to consult with Rick and John of Purely PMD on this engine. He and I made a day trip to Albuquerque to see the RA V they were assembling for a 69 Judge that I believe belonged to Ralph Gilson. That was an amazing trip. I also recall Phil tracking down the factory long branch exhaust manifolds for this engine. He flew to Missouri to pick them up and he said he held them on his lap on the return flight to Dallas. This was the only pair that existed as far as he was able to determine at the time. His engine never got built, but was sold as outlined above.

Old 05-12-2022, 04:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

FYI,Georage DeLorian told me personally they NEVER made less than 6 of ANYTHING.There is a pair of A body V manifolds in WA state.Tom

Old 05-12-2022, 05:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Great story, either way its cool to see a car with RAV. Cant get any better then that period.

Old 10-13-2022, 04:20 PM
Senior Chief

I was also a friend of ex police officer Bruce Logan. The car was first built/restored around 1988. He owned a business called Tach Tech in olde towne Orange, California, and during the GTOAA western regional meet, took me for a drive in this car from Torrance, California - to Orange, and back. This car was FAST, and I'll never forget it. I can clearly recall a Ram Air V '69 Judge from New Mexico on display that year. Last time I saw that Trans Am it was parked out on Bruce's side yard of his Garden Grove, California home. Yep, out in the elements. This would of been in the late 1990s. I always wondered what happened to this car.

Last edited by axle; 10-13-2022 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-13-2022, 04:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Great thread. Ram air V engines are really special and perform. Like many, I wish the new owners would do some preservation on the car. As has been clearly stated, this is not an "It's only original once" situation. It's a made up car. A super cool one but nothing assembly line original to worry about. Don't restore it, but don't let it rot away either.

Old 10-13-2022, 05:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by axle View Post
I was also a friend of ex police officer Bruce Logan. The car was first built/restored around 1988. He owned a business called Tach Tech in olde towne Orange, California, and during the GTOAA western regional meet, took me for a drive in this car from Torrance, California - to Orange, and back. This car was FAST, and I'll never forget it. I can clearly recall a Ram Air V '69 Judge from New Mexico on display that year. Last time I saw that Trans Am it was parked out on Bruce's side yard of his Garden Grove, California home. Yep, out in the elements. This would of been in the late 1990s. I always wondered what happened to this car.
Probably the Purely PMD car.