Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 02-04-2017, 04:40 PM

Default Ram air restoration

I have tryed to get in contact with R.A.R.E on email several times now to buy a set of overzized ram air manifolds and a complete exhaust system for my 66 GTO. I never get any respond from them so i have been trying to get them from somewhere else. I see Butler Performance have them and i have recently bought many parts for my stroker build there and ive been very happy dealing with them.
I have a qustion regarding the ram air manifolds fitment to my stock exhaust system. Can i use them with my existing system, 2 1/4" dual with a x mounted on stock 66 Tripower manifolds? And if, do i have to order new flanges?
I am going to order only manifolds from them(dont think they have exhaust systems) and upgrade to a better exhaust system later, but was hoping to use my stock system the upcomming summer and try to get a new system later.

Does someone have some info about this?

Thanks

Old 02-04-2017, 07:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The outlet is lower with ram air manifold vs stock log manifolds. You will probably need to cut in the matching mandrel bent down pipes to retain ground clearance. I believe- http://pypesexhaust.com/ - also offers a down pipe for the RA manifolds.

Last edited by Blued and Painted; 02-04-2017 at 07:09 PM.
Old 02-04-2017, 07:26 PM

Bought my ra manifolds from pypes. Great quality and fit and better price also,will require new down pipes

69 gto ,all#match,467,th400,3:55 Easton posi,resto completed may 2016. 427 hp/530tq. Stump puller with stock#62 , stock intake and qjet
Th400 gone. Tkx close ratio with .64 of
66 Pontiac Beaumont sport deluxe,BB 5sp tko 3:08 auburn 450hp 550 torque wife sold it
Old 02-05-2017, 04:25 PM

Thanks for the info, i guess i need to have new downpipes also then.I think i will try to get new manifolds and a new complete system at the same time.
Then i can replace everything without cutting the old system and store it for use with the original motor.

Thanks

Old 02-06-2017, 08:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

delt with rare several times. terrible customer response time etc. great product but don't get the lack of customer service. better change or it'll catch up to em.....

Old 02-06-2017, 10:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I called them and got someone right away. Ordered a complete oval exhaust system. I could've swore he said it's ship out the next day but it's closing in on a month and nothing yet.

Old 02-07-2017, 01:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDGE3 View Post
delt with rare several times. terrible customer response time etc. great product but don't get the lack of customer service. better change or it'll catch up to em.....
Came off as a bit of a douche the one and only time I bought from him. Maybe was a bad day idk.

Old 02-08-2017, 04:32 PM

Just game over These, have some of you any experience with them?
I see they are machined out to 2,5" and shipping price to Norway isnt so bad.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RAM-AIR-exha...xYbHP4&vxp=mtr

Old 02-08-2017, 05:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It looks like those are the PYPES manifolds made by our "Sponsor"

Here is their advertisement. It uses the same description.
I haven't used these, I have RARE pieces I purchased about 10 years ago. These do look well made

http://pypesexhaust.com/i-22645243-6...5-rpe652h.html

Work
'67 GTO Convertible "Koerner Built 413 500 hp with a Victor!.. I'll run a stock intake."
'75 Formula 400 - Daily Driver -
Running with my Home Built 455 and TH400

Details here:
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=588372
Old 02-09-2017, 05:25 AM

Thanks James, it does looks like the same, i will contact them for a shipping quote,and maybe i could get a complete system from Pypes.

Anstein