1982-92 TA & FB TECH 1993-2002 TA & FB Tech is now part of the new Late Model Section of the PY Forums. Click this link to check it out.

Old 01-07-2003, 08:51 AM
Senior Chief

How much carb to hood clearance is there on a stock 403 manifold? I have a Performer RPM and a stock iron intake but not sure if the RPM will fit. PAW catalog says no but not sure what that means, I could mill the carb flange and use a drop base air cleaner and short element but maybe I'm SOL.

Old 01-07-2003, 08:51 AM
Senior Chief

How much carb to hood clearance is there on a stock 403 manifold? I have a Performer RPM and a stock iron intake but not sure if the RPM will fit. PAW catalog says no but not sure what that means, I could mill the carb flange and use a drop base air cleaner and short element but maybe I'm SOL.

Old 01-07-2003, 11:23 PM

Hi,

The RPM will NOT fit. You can use the kit from www.blockersperformance.com to provide the clearance.

I am running a performer on my olds in my 79 TA and its fits w/o any mods.

If you are set on running the RPM, bolt the shaker to the hood.

olds......

Old 01-10-2003, 09:58 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by olds:
Hi,

The RPM will NOT fit. You can use the kit from http://www.blockersperformance.com to provide the clearance.

I am running a performer on my olds in my 79 TA and its fits w/o any mods.

If you are set on running the RPM, bolt the shaker to the hood.

olds......<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm also running and Edelbrock performer on my 79 ta, you'll need a quadrajet equivilent carb and it will fit without any mods, Edelbrock has carb for that application also.Can post engine photo if desired.The Birdsnest.

Old 01-14-2003, 08:37 AM
Senior Chief

Definitely would like to see a shot of the intake and carb, the Performer clearance will give a good idea of the the RPM fit as I have the dimensions of both. Hood is a Formula, no shaker. Supposedly there is a 2" diff in the manifold heights, so it's going to be a tight fit. I can mill the carb flange maybe 1/2", and use a short element and K&N top so if you guys have an inch to spare I might get it to fit.

Old 01-14-2003, 05:26 PM

Stu,

I can send you some pix under my hood of my 79 TA 403 with performer and Qjet. Need to know where to send them...

olds

Old 01-14-2003, 07:37 PM

Only 2 digital pics I have, hopefully I figured out how to send it, from the Birdsnest.Well I tried but don't know how to post on this forum without e-mail attachment, not familiar with how all this system works.

[This message was edited by BIRDSNEST on January 14, 2003 at 09:55 PM.]

Old 01-17-2003, 10:38 AM
Senior Chief

My email is stuart.sanders@sonyericsson.com

Old 01-18-2003, 08:15 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stu:
My email is stuart.sanders@sonyericsson.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hope you got the pics ok Stu, Dave @ Birdsnest.