The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 07-19-2023, 10:22 AM
Suspended

You may also find that if the bumper has slight wear and minor dings, that these become far more obvious with a reflective glossy finish, satin isn't so bad at times. Or just focus on the good areas!

Old 07-19-2023, 11:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks, Trevor

This whole topic is silly, given my car has no paint, has a kinked hood, and may never be pretty.

I pulled the fender and front clip off maybe 15 years ago to replace the cam, radiator support, radiator, fix the DS fender and the header. Life then made us move the car with the bumper and nose divorced and a lot of unfinished issues.

We are going to move again and I'm now on a mission to re-unite the parts. I simply wanted to get the bumper cleaned up and all the right parts back on the car. Polishing the chrome was just a little diversion!

And it does look better! To your point, you can see a nice dent at the bottom of the beak. I will say it's the shiniest dent on my car!

And it now has the upper stabilizers that were missing:

I have to install the hood release rod and bracket that were also missing, and can then finally install the bumper. That will be a milestone!

Here's the turd as it sits:

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230715_184221.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	616377   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230715_183447.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	616378   Click image for larger version