Old 01-15-2012, 12:06 AM

Default "Fawn" Headliner?!?

My '66 Bonneville has a "Fawn" interior (which really looks more like a metallic gold-ish color) is in need of a new headliner.
After much searching, I still cannot tell if there was a true Fawn headliner, or were there a couple common headliner/carpet colors used for all the interior combos in this particular color range?

Old 01-15-2012, 01:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Saddle

I think Pontiac called it saddle.

The headliner places will know. I have an Acme headliner out of Long Beach, CA. They only sell to dealer, I called them once about a cash will call.

I looked at www.autocolorlibrary.com and they only had striping colors, on page 2 for 1966. Here is what the their page looks like for 1964. Go there and check it out for 1966.

Hope it helps,
Greg

I guess they do call some of the colors fawn. An interior shop should be able to get the right fabric.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1964-pontiac-pg01.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	270774   Click image for larger version

Name:	1964-pontiac-pg02.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	270775  

Last edited by gregneun; 01-15-2012 at 01:28 AM. Reason: added fawn after looking again.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:36 AM
Senior Chief

The 1966 Pontiac sales book called it Bronze.

C5 Corvette Roadster
Old 01-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I know carpet is fawn b/c I have an original tag off mine that has that on it, but not sure that headliner shares the same name.

Might try Restoration Specialties (if they have it) or try to get some samples from SMS. This would get you the correct match.

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
66 Bonneville 2d HT - In perpetual progress
Old 11-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I just got off the phone with Restoration Specialties. They do headliners for $200 $225 for a wagon. They do not have a gold one like this. It may actually be called moss green believe it or not. That is what the correct windlace is called, which looks gold to me.

The guy was very nice. He looked up the colors they could get, and there were no golds or fawns in the book, so what they can do is dye it to match. I think he said that is $75 more. Said he had just done one for an unusual color old T-bid that came out very nice. Once the upholstery shop calls me back, I will order and post the result. I just want to make sure that the shop I am going to use does not have a better or preferred source before I order.

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
66 Bonneville 2d HT - In perpetual progress