Old 01-18-2007, 07:16 PM

Default Interesting Firebird on ebay

I don't know anything about this car, but I have Adams book and there are pictures of similar mods in his book, looks like fun.

Must finish GTO........

Larry

Old 01-18-2007, 08:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm guessing this is the one you mean?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ponti...80675552QQrdZ1

Just loosing the hood & wheels would make a HUGE positive difference.

That hood is a TOTAL Camero "wannabe" thing!

I just noticed that it was set up for a Buick?

No Pontiac "brand loyalty" HERE!

Last edited by 2manyT/A'S; 01-18-2007 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:51 PM

Ya, thats it. I got interupted and forgot the link.... My buddy has a stage 1 455 if anyone is interested.....

Larry

Old 01-19-2007, 02:47 PM

An L88 hood on a Firebird??? What's next, shakers on Camaros??? And then he states:

"Note; Ebay somehow changed my title, it was suposed to read Rare 1970 Herb Adams FIRE AM , Not 1970 Trans AM , I dont want anyone to think this was a true 70 Trans am, it started out as a base bird, and now it's just better than a Trans Am (parts wise that is)."

Get a load of that last line - "now it's just BETTER than a Trans Am".............................and probably worth AT LEAST twice as much...............

Old 01-19-2007, 07:54 PM

Whats with the outlet box on the firewall? Some place to plug in your boombox when your at a kegger?

Old 01-19-2007, 08:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This must have been an "early" electric car prototype.
The engine was removed for electric motor/battery clearance & the outlet box is for plugging in the battery charger!

Notice the L in the vin?
It a California car.
Herb was WAY AHEAD of his time!

Last edited by 2manyT/A'S; 01-19-2007 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I think I know that car, guy used to work in Farmington, CT back in the early 90's - but it had a later year front clip on it at the time. Interior is the same, roll bar, buckets etc. The guy was a little bit of a nut case, always thought I would turn on the news some night and see that he had emptied a gun mag in a mall or something.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 01-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Kinda reminds me in a way of a 70 Formula I just saw two days ago, a real travesty.... I had to turn around and go back and check it out after driving by. When I got close, I cringed. What appeared to be a real 70 Formula. Had TA flares front and aft, with the behind the wheel ugly flare things also, all molded on. Had a Camaro spoiler, not a Bird one, again molded on. Had the dorky 70's style rear window aluminum slat thingy too. I bought a bird once that had one, it went in the trash in five minutes..... I know the "it's your car do what you want" argument, but there really should be a law

Old 01-20-2007, 01:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't know why,but it seems that 70-73 Formula's really seemed to attract "bad" modifications in the 70's & 80's.
I think the owners of these cars,for the most part bought them because they WERE NOT a T/A with the BOLD AGGRESSIVE styling.

After owning/driving them for a few years,they likely got tired of their "plain" Formula's being overshadowed by T/A's all the time & embarked on a generally "tasteless" modification program which involved spending stupid amounts of money making stupid changes to their cars,just to draw attention to them.(kind of like the corvete guys)

HPP & Thunder Am magazines used to feature these hermaphrodite Formula's all the time.
I believe it was the late 80's before they actually featured a "stock looking" 70-73 Formula.

It's SAD seeing those cars today & sure makes our "stock" unmodified Formula's look GREAT!

There's nothing WORSE than a Formula trying to be something it's NOT!

Old 01-20-2007, 04:33 PM

Cool, I have those same support bars, they go from the firewall to the upper a arm bolt. They came off a parts car I had a few years ago.