Old 01-01-2021, 04:32 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Wanted 67-68 Transmission Cross Member for Muncie 4spd or powerglide Auto trans

Folks,

I'm in need of a really good 67-68 transmission cross member for a manual trans or powerglide equipped Firebird. Please, I'm only looking for one that is in excellent condition with nothing more than minor surface rust and it has to be the correct one. No dents either. I bead blasted mine and when I was done, it had enough dents and deep pitting that I don't want to use it. I believe that all 67-68 Firebirds had the same stamped steel / 2 pieced welded cross member I need with the exception being the turbo 400 trans cars that used the bent tube type cross member (not what I want).

The 69 Firebird cross members are different, so I don't want one of those and the 67-68 Camaro cross members are different as well. Camaro small block cross members in theory will work, but the bottom cutout is different for the trans bolt access. Since I'm trying to make mine as original as possible, I need the correct Firebird version. If you want to see the difference between the Firebird and Camaro cross members, check out this link.

http://www.camaros.org/trans.shtml#Crossmembers

I'm in Wisconsin.

I'm fine with paying cash at a fair price, but, if you are looking for a 68 bird part, it's possible I might have what you want if you would rather trade than sell.

Thanks
Old Joe

Old 01-03-2021, 09:51 PM

Joe, I have an oem from my 68. Also live in Wisconsin.

Old 01-10-2021, 09:26 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I also am in Wi and have one