Old 01-21-2021, 11:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Replacing Boyne turn signal switch ‘67 LeMans

I’m looking for anyone that has had experience replacing the turn signal switch on a ‘67 A-body, column shift auto with a tilt column. It’s a Boyne unit. I noticed that the switch wasn’t clicking into place when activated. I pulled the wheel to see that the cam had the ends broken off. I ordered a new switch which was relatively easy to find.
In looking at the service manual, it says to cut the wires on the existing switch to remove it, pull the terminals off of the new switch at the crescent connector, and fish the new wires down the column. If this is the case, do I really need to cut the wires on the old one, or is that just in the interest of expediency? I see that a new cam can be ordered so if that works I can keep the old one as a backup.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0FCA3671-5082-4283-B7AA-768F49B06702.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	558962   Click image for larger version

Name:	3AA299EC-A384-40BB-BC13-2ABC0FEEAEC5.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	558963  

Old 01-21-2021, 01:13 PM

I tried to replace mine and i used pull wires and then i put a pull wire on each wire and tried to pull them thru but did not have any luck so i had to pull the covers off but first i had to get the repair manual and make some pullers because the one Kent more puller is not on ebay, on a Buick site i guy had luck with a wooden block and tapping the covers off and you need to take the special nut off . So for this winter the non tilt coluem is in the car.