Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 07-14-2018, 09:19 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Current Issue with PST

I am dealing with an issue with Performance Suspension Technology (PST) and it is not being rectified to my liking.
I decided to do a front disc conversion to my 65 GTO which has power drums and single reservoir master. I researched the offerings of various companies such as SSBC, Inline Tube, PST, Summit and checked out reviews and decided to purchase a kit from PST. They offered a standard kit and for $50 more, a pre-assembled kit. I opted to go for the pre-assembled one. PST also had a July 4th 10% off sale and free shipping as well.

I ordered online and the kit was delivered in 2 days which I was pleased with. It was in 3 boxes; each side assembly in a separate box and the master and booster in another.
When I opened the first box with the rotor/caliper assembly, he backing plate was very bent in several places and when I opened the other box that one was in the same condition.
The next morning I called PST and the rep asked me to send some photos of the damage so he could send them to their supplier. I did and he got back to me in a few hours saying the supplier was sending me two replacement backing plates.

Here is where I'm having an issue. Now I have to remove the calipers and rotors to replace the backing plates and reassemble so I have asked for a refund of the $50 that I paid for pre-assembled product and they refuse to do it. Am I being unreasonable?

Old 07-16-2018, 08:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds square to me .

Old 07-20-2018, 10:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Eh, probably damaged in shipping so no one but the shipping company's fault is my guess. I wouldn't feel right asking for an assembly refund from the supplier when the shipping company is likely the one that damaged it. Doesn't seem right for the supplier to take the brunt of that.
What does the shipping company say??

Old 07-23-2018, 01:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If I recall correctly unless you bought the steering arms you were gonna have to disassemble it anyway to put them on. That being said it’s not worth losing a customer over 50 bucks

Old 07-28-2018, 10:49 AM

Default Unreasonable?

Hell no. You're not getting what you paid for. Stan.