Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Old 02-23-2019, 03:42 PM

Got the engine in place today, car is setup with a mid plate so I just need to fabricate the front mounts. But it fits good, timing belt cover looks like it may hit hood, may need to leave that off. I may be the only person to ever swap out a v8 for a straight 6 in a real gto ha.

Old 02-26-2019, 09:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Supposedly the height of the OHC engine was what killed its production. Wouldn't fit under the hoods of of the next generation of cars. I took a 400 out of a 400 Firebird and stuck a L6 in, lol, I get it!

The Silver Buick- '77 Skylark coupe w/455, SPX, MegaSquirt 3 & TKO-600 (Drag Week 2011, 2012 & 2015!)

1969 Firebird with a turbo'd Pontiac L6 controlled by a MegaSquirt 3 and backed with a microsquirt controlled 4L60e and 4.56 gears! (Drag Week 2018!)
Old 03-04-2019, 08:48 PM

Been making a little progress in the cammer. I have the new engine mounts drawn up and going to hopefully get the engine final mounted this week. Engine will have solid mounts and mid plate, so it's not going anywhere. I am trying to keep everything so I can swap between the 6er and the v8 easily without to much work. Ordered all the hot side tubing so I will hopefully get the hot side going this week. I can use one of my old down pipes and half my exhaust system so that parts done. I ordered a fuel rail so when that comes in I am going to get it machined for injectors and mock that up to figure out injector placement and angle to clear the thermostat housing. Then I can finish up the intake

I am getting excited for this wierd little project. Plan is to have it going and tested by June. I am signed up for the summit midwest drags which is like a 3 day mini drag week. I hope to have this done and going fast enough not to look like a fool in a car that will cert 8.50 ha. If I can't get it done in time or i hurt it trying to run the numbers I am happy with my backup is my turbo 70 lemans wagon so that's not to bad either!

Old 03-04-2019, 11:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Can't wait to see it come together.

The Silver Buick- '77 Skylark coupe w/455, SPX, MegaSquirt 3 & TKO-600 (Drag Week 2011, 2012 & 2015!)

1969 Firebird with a turbo'd Pontiac L6 controlled by a MegaSquirt 3 and backed with a microsquirt controlled 4L60e and 4.56 gears! (Drag Week 2018!)
Old 04-16-2019, 08:52 AM
Senior Chief

Alex
Nice work!

Old 04-16-2019, 11:53 AM

Been awhile since I updated, I have way to many projects going on at once. But I have the engine mounts all fabricated now. Have the whole hot side tacked together, just need to install wastegate and final weld. I was able to use most of half my cold side, only have to finish fabricating one pipe and weld on the bov. Radiator had to be moved forward slightly so I still need to make new mounts for it. Running behind where I hoped to be but goal is still to have it at Norwalk. I'll post what pics I have.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190309_142429.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	510296   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190313_151906.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	510297