Old 05-20-2019, 11:26 PM
Senior Chief

Default 69 Lemans/GTO underhood wiring - sending units, TCS, etc....

I'm working on a 69 convertible - born a Lemans, cloned into a GTO. Idiot light dash, The engine is a 400 with an automatic. I haven't crawled under to look at it but it has a cable @ the carb for kickdown so I'm assuming turbo 350.

The engine harness is a bit of a mess, lots of wires cut & taped over. I've got a service manual & was able to determine some of the wires were for temp & oil pressure senders. There is a set of gauges under the dash but I'd like to get the idiot lights working again. does anyone have pictures of the stock sending units? I'm not even sure where they are located on a 69.

Also found a black wire with single orange stripe that had been cut & taped. According to the manual it goes to the "automatic transmission connector". There is a second wire coming out of the auto trans connector that is part of the TCS wiring, Mu question is what trans connector are they talking about? If its a turbo 350 there is no electrical kickdown, so I'm a little unsure...

Old 05-21-2019, 01:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

give me a ring a roo tomorrow if you want
when your by the car

its easier to chat than to type for me

Scott
2o6 465 9165

we can probably figure most of it out

Old 05-21-2019, 02:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds like swapped out the two speed for a three. The ST300 was still around in 69, used the same connector as the TH400. Take a look just above your gas pedal, the old kickdown switch might still be there?

That's all I've got. HTH

Old 05-22-2019, 08:57 AM
Senior Chief

Never thought about a two speed automatic, that would make sense. I'll do some research on that. I think I can just remove the wire from the harness entirely, or re-purpose it.

Thanks for the offer Scott, if I get lost I'll take you up on it.