Old 05-24-2019, 03:37 AM

Default MSD Pro Billet Distributor 8528 Grey Wire

Hello, I need help again. I have purchased MSD Pro Biller Distributor Part No. 8528. Everything is ok but my Tach connected to the Gray wire is not working. Connected to Negative Coil Terminal it works like with old distributor.
MSD said I must connect my Tach to the Gray wire and than shorten the Gray wire with Ground for 1 second to set my rev limiter. But in my Situation this can not work because my Tach donīt work with Grey Wire and I donīt know what rpm are programed.
My Problem is now how can I test and find out how to set mein rev limiter.
MSD Said on the gray wire is 12V but my original Tach work only on negative post on Coil.
Thanks Ivo from Germany

Old 05-24-2019, 09:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Gray wire works all the same for setting the rev limiter. Even if you're not using it to work the tach.

Just wont have the two second confirmation when you first turn the switch on.

Older tach's that only need coil (-) and ground to work, usually don't work with the gray wire.

Newer tach's that need battery power to operate usually do read the gray wire.

Not counting light wires; tachs were either two wire/old style OR three wire/newer style.

Clay