Old 04-22-2019, 10:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 65,66 seat tracks

Just purchased a 65 Grand Prix and with me being 6'3" I need to find some seat track extenders. I've found some that claim to work on 66 B bodies, plus A bodies ,etc. Obviously 65-6 A body seat tracks are the same. Can anyone confirm that 65 and 66 seat tracks are the same?

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 04-23-2019, 10:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I sold my '65 GP years ago so I can't provide a ton of help, but are you sure you've pushed the seat back as far as it will go? I'm 6'-1" with fairly long legs, and as I recall I could put the seat back far enough that I couldn't reach the pedals - I'd think there should be plenty of room for a guy your size.

Old 04-23-2019, 10:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I sold my '65 GP years ago so I can't provide a ton of help, but are you sure you've pushed the seat back as far as it will go? I'm 6'-1" with fairly long legs, and as I recall I could put the seat back far enough that I couldn't reach the pedals - I'd think there should be plenty of room for a guy your size.
I've got it pushed back as far as I can get it.

Old 04-23-2019, 08:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I may be totally wrong on this, but isn't there a provision in the mounting holes so that the seats can be relocated to cater for an extremely tall (or short) driver?

I might be confusing this with some other car but it sort of rings a bell in my mind.

Old 04-29-2019, 06:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I know my friends Desoto has different locations to adjust the seat, but our Pontiacs do not. Being 6'8" 275, I can fit ok in these cars, but do plan to make some seat extensions for my 66. I would assume 65 and 66 are not the same as they are not the same seats, but have never looked. Best bet is to make your own setup. Something like this https://lmr.com/item/CS-EXT4/Corbeau...yABEgICpfD_BwE

65 Cat Ventura, 66 Cat Vert, 63 GP
Old 04-29-2019, 06:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63gpman View Post
I know my friends Desoto has different locations to adjust the seat, but our Pontiacs do not. Being 6'8" 275, I can fit ok in these cars, but do plan to make some seat extensions for my 66. I would assume 65 and 66 are not the same as they are not the same seats, but have never looked. Best bet is to make your own setup. Something like this https://lmr.com/item/CS-EXT4/Corbeau...yABEgICpfD_BwE
I've got a set like that coming; they state 66-72 A & B bodies. I'm hoping they will work on my 65.

I know the seats are different, but the seats will interchange with each other in regards to bolting them to the floor.

Old 06-29-2019, 08:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well if these extenders truly fit a 66 B body, then I can definitely say that 65 and 66 seat tracks are NOT the same. No way these will work for a 65. We had the seats out today and they will not fit the floor pan or seat tracks at all. Anyone need a set for an A body or B body?