Old 02-19-2019, 11:32 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Timmermans View Post
The engine is a 'fresh' 462ci (455) I build 10 years ago and just now have found the time / space to drop in my car.
It has KRE D-port heads , RPM intake , 1 3/4 hedman headers , Comp Cams XE-274H , Q-jet.
Transmission is aTH400 , bit off a gamble because I bought this thing on a hunch from a guy who changed his plans on his Buick Wildcat.

Firing this thing up wil be quite nerve racking , I guess.

Still on the fence about changing out the 10 bolt 8.2 LSD for the 12 bolt I have , who needs lots of parts to make it work. (€€€€€).
10 years is a long time... Is it turning over by hand ok? Things can get sticky after so long. Maybe use one of those pressurized oil pre-lube tools and push some oil through it before starting.

455/469 w/ #48 Heads, '65 Tri-Power
9.25:1 CR
Stump Puller Cam
Muncie M22W 1st-2.56 2nd-1.75 3rd-1.37 4th-1.00
3.55 Rear Differential
Front: 225/60R15 Height: 25.6"
Rear: 275/60R15 Height: 28"
Old 02-20-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbnapier View Post
10 years is a long time... Is it turning over by hand ok? Things can get sticky after so long. Maybe use one of those pressurized oil pre-lube tools and push some oil through it before starting.
Yep , you're right about that.
It turns over easy but I had a hydraulic lifter sticking from beeing in the same position without oil.
I've removed the inner valve springs for the initial start up and I'm gonna do a thorough pre oil prime on it.
And fingers crossed I guess.

Old 02-20-2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Brengun View Post
Sounds like that engine should be a blast. I'm curious how much power that engine will make..

Waiting for 10 years, I know what's like! I hope it fires up ok and the th400 works out fine. Ha! I really need to get mine on the road.. can't wait to drive it.
Neither can I , but I don't want to cut any corners to get to what I want to achieve with this car.
Gets to be frustrating some times.

Hope you get there with ease , makes for more enjoyment.

Old 03-02-2019, 06:45 AM
Senior Chief

I have a lot left to do.. a lot more than I remebered it seems but for now I drove the car for the first time and that's huge improvement. It feels powerfull even with the current 2.93 gears in it.. I might not need to swap out the rear axle / gears after all. Next step will be sort out the wiring and fuel system to get some reliability..

Old 03-04-2019, 06:15 AM

If you need some help figuring stuff out , I've got an Original "69 Pontiac Service Manual and a chassis & parts cd from PY.
I can app you illustrations if needed.