Old 04-02-2019, 10:28 AM
Senior Chief

Default EFI and spark plugs

I've got a Holley Sniper kit coming in today for my '63 389 Star Chief. The car is due for spark plugs as well, is there any special consideration I take into account when determining a replacement plug? I will be going from the original points system to the EFI with a Dual Sync distributor and wasn't sure if a different heat range or design of plug would be an additional plus with the EFI setup.

Old 04-02-2019, 11:06 AM
Senior Chief

I just completed a conversion to EFI and MSD distributor. It was recommended that I stay with the plugs I was using. I just changed them for new ones since the previous set-up had been hard on them. Terst rode the new set-up yesterday and extremely happy.

Old 04-02-2019, 01:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

Use the plugs you like for your combination. The only real consideration you'll need to make with the EFI kit is a plug that is a resistor type. Non-resistor plugs introduce noise to the ECU that usually exhibits itself as RPM spikes. That causes erratic fueling.

Old 04-02-2019, 01:43 PM
Senior Chief

Thats the thing, I don't really have a plug I "like" for this combination, I would just put a stock replacement plug back in it.

Good to know on non resistor type plugs.