Old 04-25-2019, 09:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Horn

I have a '69 GTO with a Sport Wheel. The horn started to go off by itself. If you hit the horn button it would stop but it started to stay on all the time so I pulled the horn relay wire. Is there something I can do like bend something a little bit down under the horn button on the steering wheel?

I have a new wiper motor on my car. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't work
when the switch is pushed if you stop and step out and pull the wiper arm up they start to go. They go very fast even on the lower setting. Any ideas?

Old 04-25-2019, 10:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

On my ‘65, the horn button grounds to the column, and the horn sounds. Once I had a random honking issue - turned out there was a loose little sliver of metal in there causing a ground at random times. Sounds like you need to take it apart and see what’s going on.

Old 05-02-2019, 03:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

There's a little metal pin in a hole in the wheel core that makes the contact between the button and the wiring in the column. It should have a little plastic insulator around it. Maybe it crumbled.

Old 05-25-2019, 08:39 PM

Default Windshield Wiper Issue

I have a 72 Trans Am that has the same wiper motor problem. Sometimes the wipers come on and when they won’t if I pull or push on the wiper blade they come right on. I don’t think it’s the motor. Since the recent restoration I’m on my second new wiper motor with same result. If you figure it out let me know. If anyone else could help that would be great.