Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 11-07-2001, 09:50 PM
Senior Chief

i am ready to put a new exhaust on my 67 400ys witch is all stock with the exception of petronix electronic ign. it currently has 2in with turbo mufflers. my thoughts are to buy HO manifolds with 2.50 down pipes into a dr gas x pipe with 3 chamber flow masters with mandrel bent 2.50 tail pipes. im thinking that will work good,just wondering if there is a better way to go?

Old 11-07-2001, 09:50 PM
Senior Chief

i am ready to put a new exhaust on my 67 400ys witch is all stock with the exception of petronix electronic ign. it currently has 2in with turbo mufflers. my thoughts are to buy HO manifolds with 2.50 down pipes into a dr gas x pipe with 3 chamber flow masters with mandrel bent 2.50 tail pipes. im thinking that will work good,just wondering if there is a better way to go?

Old 11-10-2001, 01:17 AM

gtoguy,
I'm presently redoing the exhaust system in my '68 GTO ( it just rusted off).
It's a stock YS 400 motor now, with an eye toward some upgrading in the future. Soo..
While I'm at it I'm thinking of going pretty much the way you are..HO manifolds 2.5" pipes,
but I'm going with the Dynomax instead of the Flowmasters and I think I'll leave off the X pipe since I'm not going racing and don't really see a need for it.
Everything is on order now for a winter project, I'll let you know how I make out

I guess.......(Red Green)
Old 11-10-2001, 07:39 PM
Senior Chief

my car is far from a race car but would just like to be a little different. if it runs better or sounds different great.i called yesterday to try to find some flow master tail pipes and they tell me they dont stock them and it will take a couple of weeks. my plan is to call jegs monday. does any one know where i can order these in stock? thanks

Old 11-12-2001, 08:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via Skype™ to RPM

I used Torque Technologies 2-1/2" tailpipes on my '67. The fit was perfect using the stock hangers in the stock locations. I heard from someone that TT now makes a "long" version of the tail pipe. Since mine were really a 68-72 tail pipe, I had to make extensions so the tips would exit right at the bumper.