Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 06-24-2001, 07:59 PM
Senior Chief

I JUST FININSHED PUTTING ON MY DYNOMAX 2.5 ULTRA FLOWS,2.5 FLOWMASTER TAIL PIPES ON MY 67 GTO WITH A 455,ROUGH IDLE CAM. ALSO INSTALLED CHROME TIPS. THIS KICKS BUTT IN THE SOUND AND PERFORMANCE DEPT. I START THIS THING UP AND PEOPLE JUST LOOK!!,,AWESOME!.I STILL NEED TO PUT IN THE BALANCE TUBE BEFORE I GO RACIN FRIDAY...THESE ULTRA FLOWS 2.5 IN N OUT IS REALLY A THREE INCH THROUGH THE MUFFLER..FLOW IS WAY MORE THEN ANY STREET MACHINE IS GOING TO NEED. HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEBODY OUT.

Old 06-24-2001, 07:59 PM
Senior Chief

I JUST FININSHED PUTTING ON MY DYNOMAX 2.5 ULTRA FLOWS,2.5 FLOWMASTER TAIL PIPES ON MY 67 GTO WITH A 455,ROUGH IDLE CAM. ALSO INSTALLED CHROME TIPS. THIS KICKS BUTT IN THE SOUND AND PERFORMANCE DEPT. I START THIS THING UP AND PEOPLE JUST LOOK!!,,AWESOME!.I STILL NEED TO PUT IN THE BALANCE TUBE BEFORE I GO RACIN FRIDAY...THESE ULTRA FLOWS 2.5 IN N OUT IS REALLY A THREE INCH THROUGH THE MUFFLER..FLOW IS WAY MORE THEN ANY STREET MACHINE IS GOING TO NEED. HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEBODY OUT.

Old 06-24-2001, 11:10 PM
Senior Chief

Sounds great--I Put in DYNOMAX BULLET mufflers but I have A mild setup compared to your car.MY car is a 77 SE T/A 455 068 CAM--MILD STREET PORT -- HEADERS ETC. Your car would probaly be to loud with these on.

------------------

Old 06-26-2001, 08:44 PM
Senior Chief

IS PLENTY LOUD WITH THESE ON,,,LOL

Old 06-26-2001, 09:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via MSN to Bud Lyons

DLW, Congrats. If I may ask how much did it cost you for the whole set-up? Right now I have stock manifolds and 21/4" pipes. I want to put on headers and a 21/2" or 3" out the back.

Only two defining forces have ever offered their life for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
One for your soul; the other for your freedom
Old 06-27-2001, 12:15 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blackcat:
After reading the test on the 400 engine with the factory manifolds and Ho. For the GTO it only was about a 10 hp difference.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
This was posted in another forum,but my question is since I'm ready to replace the whole exhaust system is it worth the money and agg to change to the HO exhaust manifolds or headers(with only a 10 HP gain) with a 2-1/2 in system.
OR...Can I keep the stock exhaust manifolds and still go with a 2-1/2 system.
The car is a stock '68 GTO convert.

I guess.......(Red Green)
Old 06-27-2001, 01:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via MSN to Bud Lyons

Alex, I always heard that headers will give you a 10% increase in hp. I don't know if it's true or not. Remember "if it sounds louder, theirs gotta be more hp there." [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

------------------
Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.

Only two defining forces have ever offered their life for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
One for your soul; the other for your freedom