THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 12-03-2023, 02:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Springsteen and the album cover GTO

Seems The Boss didn't quite live up to his agreement over using a 1968 GTO on his album cover.
https://www.nj.com/monmouth/2023/12/...s-in-suit.html

Old 12-03-2023, 03:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It does not sound like Mr. Billotti got a contract for further use of the car's image.

He did get a check for $450 for the album cover shoot.

I wonder what PY's favorite NJ attorney has to say about this?

Old 12-03-2023, 04:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Maybe it's because it didn't have "a 396 with fuelie heads:" under the hood.

Old 12-03-2023, 04:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I can't stand Bruce Springsteen.

Old 12-03-2023, 05:28 PM
Senior Chief

I like a lot of Springsteens music, but I think this is disgusting behaviour on his part.

Old 12-03-2023, 05:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeteeohguy View Post
I can't stand Bruce Springsteen.
X2....

Surprised Springsteen doesn't have a personal car that could have been used.

1973 Formula SD455 - #'s auto orig paint
1972 Trans Am - 4 speed orig paint
1974 Formula 400 - Ram Air automatic
1966 2+2 convertible - 421 4bbl automatic
1967 Grand Prix - 4 speed orig paint
1967 GTO - 4 speed orig paint 35k orig miles
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 71GP76TA For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2023, 06:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My take.

Springsteen is an a$$.

Billotti made the mistake of allowing photos to be taken before having a signed contract.

I’d be suing the hospital where he died having C@*!} . . . . . .that’s the real tragedy.

Trust no one!

My guess is that Springsteen will settle to keep his image in the eyes of those who worship him. It’s not like he can’t afford it.

Old 12-03-2023, 07:37 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I met Louie Billotti on several occasions. Very, very nice guy. Originally born and raised in Brooklyn before moving to Jersey. He grew up not to far away from Nunzi’s shop. I’m told as a teenager he spent some time hanging around the shop. He purchased his 68 GTO brand new and from day one Nunzi is the only person to work on the car. I saw the car years ago and it was low miles and original paint. The car is a true survivor and in immaculate condition. Louie was a true car guy and would help organize a track rental at Atco for all his car friends. I literally found out about his passing yesterday while listening to the local news on the radio. RIP Louie, the Brooklyn Pontiac guys will miss you!

The amazing thing is that they only paid him $450 for the shoot. About 10 years ago a friend of mine was paid $700 for the one day use of his 66 Cutlass convertible for a movie shoot. In the end the movie was cancelled and never released.

Another friend of mine owns the 68 Grand Prix that was used in the movie “Goodfellas”. I don’t know what he was paid but he did say he was sorry he let them use the car. The scene where they hosed down the trunk was real. They soaked the trunk, wet the entire back seat and ruined the package tray. They also returned the car to him with scratches in the paint.

Old 12-04-2023, 11:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'd be thrilled just to have my car used.
(And not hosed)

Still have my 1st Firebird
7th Firebird
57 Starchief
Old 12-04-2023, 02:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What a Jack ass, never liked can’t singstein

Just Say No To 8” Flakes

F ire B irds

🇮🇱
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to burd For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2023, 02:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Don't care for his music, or anything else about him.

https://youtube.com/shorts/gG15nb4FWeo?feature=share
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jhein For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2023, 03:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
Maybe it's because it didn't have "a 396 with fuelie heads:" under the hood.
LOL. Springsteen and his hype machine made and continues to make a lot of money about things he never experienced but leeched from others around him.

Old 12-09-2023, 04:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDYA View Post
I met Louie Billotti on several occasions. Very, very nice guy. Originally born and raised in Brooklyn before moving to Jersey. He grew up not to far away from Nunzi’s shop. I’m told as a teenager he spent some time hanging around the shop. He purchased his 68 GTO brand new and from day one Nunzi is the only person to work on the car. I saw the car years ago and it was low miles and original paint. The car is a true survivor and in immaculate condition. Louie was a true car guy and would help organize a track rental at Atco for all his car friends. I literally found out about his passing yesterday while listening to the local news on the radio. RIP Louie, the Brooklyn Pontiac guys will miss you!

The amazing thing is that they only paid him $450 for the shoot. About 10 years ago a friend of mine was paid $700 for the one day use of his 66 Cutlass convertible for a movie shoot. In the end the movie was cancelled and never released.

Another friend of mine owns the 68 Grand Prix that was used in the movie “Goodfellas”. I don’t know what he was paid but he did say he was sorry he let them use the car. The scene where they hosed down the trunk was real. They soaked the trunk, wet the entire back seat and ruined the package tray. They also returned the car to him with scratches in the paint.
Most actors have zero respect for other people's property. But some do. You can always tell a car guy or considerate actor by the way they close the car door. Never slam it. James Garner was one of those guys, and Jason Lee is another one. Most guys I know who rented their classic out got it back damaged.

Old 12-10-2023, 01:31 PM
Senior Chief

Not common to assign residual income to a prop, even a really cool one. Ordinarily a one-time negotiated fee. Guessing production would've moved on to another car, unless there was something unique about this one (it is cool!) that would merit a more "complicated" rights scenario ...?

Old 12-13-2023, 10:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I am a long-time fan and I bought a tour shirt in Detroit, featuring this GTO, before the concert. This is very disappointing to hear. But to think that Springsteen has any idea of what was told to Mr. Billotti about the legal usage of his car and the contract details is ludicrous. He pays other people a lot of $$$ to handle that BS. I am sure all will be made right once Springsteen himself is made aware of it.

He has done a lot to piss me off the last few years, no doubt, but I will bet my fuelie heads he pays up to the Billotti family now that he knows.

Old 12-13-2023, 10:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'll let you know how to ship to Vancouver,WA.