THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 11-01-2019, 11:56 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66sprint6 View Post
Actually made that decision (not to do anything on the car), so that my son and I can head up to the Cabela's next weekend to pick up a nice rifle. My son is way out in the middle of nowhere this weekend hunting out of his buddy's remote cabin. No one around for tens of miles. I don't know where they hunt, but I'm sure that it's as wild as it gets. You guys are more than welcome to come up here and hunt anytime and I don't believe that it's that difficult to organize. You'll meet a lot of like minded people. Big game is Moose, White tail and Black bear. Small game, if you get bored, you can pick off a porcupine, bag a bird, or whack a weasel.
Be careful what you say I am retiring in march

Old 11-07-2019, 05:29 PM

Take the hunting trip , it will be a memory forever!

Old 11-07-2019, 05:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

is hunting that expensive, really? i pay $500 or so every year for an out-of-state license and tag to hunt north Idaho mule deer. I sleep in a tent and eat cheap, that's all it really costs me besides gas. You've got all the time in the world if you are retired, can't you just drive to ID, MT, CO, or WY and hunt? I know $500 may not be "cheap" but it's a heck of a lot cheaper than a classic car and you can scrape it up if you really want to hunt.

65 GTO.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My boys are in Montana this week,both got a Antelope and deer.Tom

Old 11-08-2019, 01:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Definitely hunt while you can. Dad's stroke put an end to his hunting, happened during gun season in 07. He killed 3 deer that week, too. You just never know. This is coming from a redneck with my bow and gear loaded in the truck in case I get off work early. If your car runs w a 4bbl on it I wouldn't change it, personally.

Old 11-08-2019, 07:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by i82much View Post
is hunting that expensive, really? i pay $500 or so every year for an out-of-state license and tag to hunt north Idaho mule deer. I sleep in a tent and eat cheap, that's all it really costs me besides gas. You've got all the time in the world if you are retired, can't you just drive to ID, MT, CO, or WY and hunt? I know $500 may not be "cheap" but it's a heck of a lot cheaper than a classic car and you can scrape it up if you really want to hunt.
Is that 500.00 over the counter? Or applied for in the spring?

Old 11-10-2019, 05:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Generic life advice they say it is generally better to spend money on experiences rather than things.... Leads to more long term happiness from the memories, etc.

Here's one example article, there are plenty if you google:

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/294163