WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 01-26-2005, 07:07 AM

Since all the bitching in this forum about the GTO does nothing, why not tell Bob Lutz how you feel about it?

Go to his Blog

http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/
Old 01-26-2005, 07:07 AM

Since all the bitching in this forum about the GTO does nothing, why not tell Bob Lutz how you feel about it?

Go to his Blog

http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/
Old 01-26-2005, 07:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Since Im a members of the group that the Monaro wasnt targeted for in the first place, why would I waste my time.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:44 AM

I don't know? Why do you waste your time here bitching about it?
Old 01-26-2005, 07:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'll bet Mr. Lutz already knows..........

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Because I enjoy tweaking the tweakers.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:54 AM

Ah......
Old 01-26-2005, 10:49 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Make sure you tell him in 1 syllable words and with pictures so he understands.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:05 AM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by red70goat:
Make sure you tell him in 1 syllable words and with pictures so he understands. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Works for you, right?

Just kidding!
Old 01-26-2005, 12:00 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by red70goat:
Make sure you tell him in 1 syllable words and with pictures so he understands. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you going to leave your comments for Lutz? Or just continue to shoot your mouth off on this forum?
Old 01-26-2005, 01:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sal:

Are you going to leave your comments for Lutz? Or just continue to shoot your mouth off on this forum? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Both. My dislike for Lutz goes back to his days with Chrysler and is not entirely reflective of his involvement with the GTO. He has a history of taking perfectly good cars in the pre-production stage and butchering them to fit his beancounter agenda.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:32 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Randy W:

Works for you, right?

Just kidding! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good one, I figured I had something like that coming after I posted it...My dislike for Lutz was imbedded long before he got his grubby little hands on the 2004 GTO.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

[Both. My dislike for Lutz goes back to his days with Chrysler and is not entirely reflective of his involvement with the GTO. He has a history of taking perfectly good cars in the pre-production stage and butchering them to fit his beancounter agenda. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Examples such as?
Old 01-26-2005, 03:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr_GTO:
[Both. My dislike for Lutz goes back to his days with Chrysler and is not entirely reflective of his involvement with the GTO. He has a history of taking perfectly good cars in the pre-production stage and butchering them to fit his beancounter agenda. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Examples such as? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Plymouth Prowler, and most recently the 2004 GTO..... "The GTO enthusiasts affection... was based not on looks but on driving experience" Bob Lutz Jan 25, 2005.... Gee, I thought a car that looked like it would kick ass IS a part of the driving experience. Could this person be more out of touch with his own consumer base??? Some of the original renderings were down right righteous until he got a hold of them. Lutz is an idiot.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:03 AM

Thanks for the link, Sal. I posted my message. I kind of doubt the guy himself will ever read it, but...
Old 01-27-2005, 12:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Charlzm:
Thanks for the link, Sal. I posted my message. I kind of doubt the guy himself will ever read it, but... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ditto. It's amazing how he continues to waffle on what his target market was for the 2004 GTO. I'd have a helluva lot more respect for the guy if he just came clean and said he screwed up. A 13 second car with all the creature comforts is not a screw up. Willing and admittingly alienating a loyal consummer base is.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Plymouth Prowler, and most recently the 2004 GTO..... "The GTO enthusiasts affection... was based not on looks but on driving experience" Bob Lutz Jan 25, 2005.... Gee, I thought a car that looked like it would kick ass IS a part of the driving experience. Could this person be more out of touch with his own consumer base??? Some of the original renderings were down right righteous until he got a hold of them. Lutz is an idiot. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is the problem with Prowler? IT was a niche car. The GTO is a HALO car. IE It is meant to bring people into the showroom. The car sold 75% or more of what was orginally expected(MAX SALES)to sell.

Again, looks is subjective. You claiming to be an attorney I would think you would know the definition of this.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:51 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr_GTO:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by red70goat:

Plymouth Prowler, and most recently the 2004 GTO..... "The GTO enthusiasts affection... was based not on looks but on driving experience" Bob Lutz Jan 25, 2005.... Gee, I thought a car that looked like it would kick ass IS a part of the driving experience. Could this person be more out of touch with his own consumer base??? Some of the original renderings were down right righteous until he got a hold of them. Lutz is an idiot. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"The GTO is a HALO car. IE It is meant to bring people into the showroom. The car sold 75% or more of what was orginally expected(MAX SALES)to sell."

&gt;&gt;&gt; Yes it did, after deep, deep, discounting and original production figures have been cut back for the 05. Hey, it's a good car, a worthy musclecar, it's just not being embraced as a GTO by it's manufacturer or enough potential consumers. And as such I doubt we'll see one in 2007. Lutz is an out of touch doddering old beancounter that needs to be put in charge of things he can't screw up like a 4 door Aztec Convertible TurboCharged G23 AWD SUV or something like that.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

&gt;&gt;&gt; Yes it did, after deep, deep, discounting and original production figures have been cut back for the 05. Hey, it's a good car, a worthy musclecar, it's just not being embraced as a GTO by it's manufacturer or enough potential consumers. And as such I doubt we'll see one in 2007. Lutz is an out of touch doddering old beancounter that needs to be put in charge of things he can't screw up like a 4 door Aztec Convertible TurboCharged G23 AWD SUV or something like that. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasn't embraced by GM? NO, it wasn't marketed well. And yes, you will see one in 2007 that is already in stone. you don't have a clue what you are talking about there so you should just shut up about it.

Stick to what you know not what you speculate on. Kind of glad you don't practice law in MA. You know just as well as me that you don't make statements without evidence to back it up. I have taken a few law classes.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:36 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

i dont think it matters how well you market it if its ugly noone will buy it. performance is decent. price is a factor. look at the mustang. im sure they got a lot of their market for the msrp of $25,000 ish (V8). with the $10,000 in savings you can make the performance/handleing better. it all comes down to looks. if you think it looks good youll buy one no matter what (price,performance,handleing,...) kind of like a girl. if you think she looks good youll go for it. if you think shes not good looking then youre gonna pass no matter how cheap she is or how well she performs/handles. just because it has a GTO badge and there hasnt been a GTO in over 30 years doesnt mean i have to buy it. thats how they marketed it. they put the GTO badge on it. you think this many people would have had a problem if they called it a tempest or lemans?