WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 02-08-2005, 09:12 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr_GTO:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by red70goat:

&gt;&gt;&gt; Put your Super Heroes cape away, Game Boy on pause, Nickelodeon on TIVO and research my past posts. I've given them to you three times.

&gt;&gt;&gt; Ohhh, I doubt that. But it won't really matter. You probably couldn't tell the difference between a GTO and a G6 anyways, so don't worry about it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

" it might be a little bit easier to read your postings."
&gt;&gt;&gt; You seem to be the only one who has trouble reading and researching any posts given your style ( or lack of ) asking people to look up things for you.

"I know and love pontiacs, I can tell the difference."

&gt;&gt;&gt;Yeah, just like a 66 GTO and a 66 Grand Prix LOL.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by red70goat:

&gt;&gt;&gt; You seem to be the only one who has trouble reading and researching any posts given your style ( or lack of ) asking people to look up things for you.

&gt;&gt;&gt;Yeah, just like a 66 GTO and a 66 Grand Prix LOL. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Watza, I searched "rumor" under your name and no link or mention of any websites by name. Try again.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr_GTO:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by red70goat:

&gt;&gt;&gt;Yeah, just like a 66 GTO and a 66 Grand Prix LOL. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Watza, I searched "rumor" under your name and no link or mention of any websites by name. Try again. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"rumor","my name" ...just how stupid are you? I mentioned both forums by name 3 times where this discussion is threaded. Try again.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"rumor","my name" ...just how stupid are you? I mentioned both forums by name 3 times where this discussion is threaded. Try again. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why don't you tell me what to search for Watza...I have a feeling you never mentioned it. So please, enlighten all of us with your wisdom...lol

And tell you what, how about I bet you $100 that the 2007 GTO will be built. Want to do it Watza? Let me know when you have more than an OPINION. I bet if you mentioned in Court that your OPINION meant anything the judge would laugh you out of court. Then again, I doubt you are even a trial attorney, probably a real estate attorney if you are even one at all.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

"rumor","my name" ...just how stupid are you? I mentioned both forums by name 3 times where this discussion is threaded. Try again. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Why don't you tell me what to search for Watza..."

&gt;&gt;&gt; I did. 3 times. View my previous posts on the subject. You really need to learn to look up things on your own instead of having others do it for you. You might learn something instead of looking like an idiot all the time. You should change your name to Mr Gee_ I _ Don't_ Know.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

&gt;&gt;&gt; I did. 3 times. View my previous posts on the subject. You really need to learn to look up things on your own instead of having others do it for you. You might learn something instead of looking like an idiot all the time. You should change your name to Mr Gee_ I _ Don't_ Know. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With WWW. infront of it? Nope, sorry you didn't. I guess you don't know how to post or copy links to message boards. Sad really...
Old 02-08-2005, 03:50 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

&gt;&gt;&gt; I did. 3 times. View my previous posts on the subject. You really need to learn to look up things on your own instead of having others do it for you. You might learn something instead of looking like an idiot all the time. You should change your name to Mr Gee_ I _ Don't_ Know. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With WWW. infront of it? Nope, sorry you didn't.

&gt;&gt;&gt; You're right I didn't. I figured the name with the ".com" following would be sufficient. I thought you would be smart enough to figure that out. I guess I was wrong.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

&gt;&gt;&gt; You're right I didn't. I figured the name with the ".com" following would be sufficient. I thought you would be smart enough to figure that out. I guess I was wrong. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, please show me which post that was and I will apologize profusly, and what about the bet? You haven't mentioned it. LOL
Old 02-08-2005, 05:32 PM
Senior Chief

I made this GIF to show my appreciation to Chairman Lutz what a fine outstanding corporate leader. All in good fun.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

&gt;&gt;&gt; You're right I didn't. I figured the name with the ".com" following would be sufficient. I thought you would be smart enough to figure that out. I guess I was wrong. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Well, please show me which post that was and I will apologize profusly,"

&gt;&gt;&gt; No need to apologize...all in good fun. automotiveforums.com and LS1GTO.com are the forums I mentioned. You may have to search for the threads given they were posted some time ago.

"and what about the bet?"
&gt;&gt;&gt; Nope, not gonna bet on that one because it is an opinion of mine based on speculation given current sales and opinion via forums mentioned. I could be wrong. I hope I am. But I don't think so. GM really screwed the pooch on this one.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sixty7Goat:
I made this GIF to show my appreciation to Chairman Lutz what fine outstanding corporate leader. All in good fun. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that's funny! Rumor has it Lutz was sitting in his office drinking some Geritol and Vodka when he saw a Cavalier rearend a GrandAm and he came up with a GTO.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:26 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Everything happens for a reason!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2005, 03:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

&gt;&gt;&gt; No need to apologize...all in good fun. automotiveforums.com and LS1GTO.com are the forums I mentioned. You may have to search for the threads given they were posted some time ago.

&gt;&gt;&gt; Nope, not gonna bet on that one because it is an opinion of mine based on speculation given current sales and opinion via forums mentioned. I could be wrong. I hope I am. But I don't think so. GM really screwed the pooch on this one. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Need to register for Automotive Forums.com and I just don't feel like it. I have a feeling anyone mentioning there wouldn't be a 2007 GTO doesn't know what they are talking about.

You don't think you'll be wrong but you won't take the bet? Hmmmm....ok. Would have been easy money.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:41 PM

If you think automotive forums.com is some kind of authority on any thing related to cars, your drunk.

AFWIW: I saw nothing on ls1gto.com that talks about no 2007 GTO being built.

FWIW: again MY2007 GTO Zeta platform, built in the US most likely Detroit Hammatrak facility.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sal:
If you think automotive forums.com is some kind of authority on any thing related to cars, your drunk.

&gt;&gt;&gt; I never said it was an authority only the presence of a thread.

&gt;&gt;&gt; It wasn't about "no gto being built" but the GTO becoming an option to the G6 due to GTO low sales volume and lack of media coverage.

FWIW: again MY2007 GTO Zeta platform, built in the US most likely Detroit Hammatrak facility.

&gt;&gt;&gt; So it's built now?
Old 02-10-2005, 07:42 AM

&gt;&gt;&gt; It wasn't about "no gto being built" but the GTO becoming an option to the G6 due to GTO low sales volume and lack of media coverage.

&gt;&gt;&gt; So it's built now? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! You talk like a lawyer. Doublespeak.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:43 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sal:

&gt;&gt;&gt; So it's built now? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! You talk like a lawyer. Doublespeak. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

not double speak just clarified specifics.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:31 AM

Here ya go Mr. I know everythingaboutpontiacandgm.com

Like I said many times before.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
GM Planning Family of New RWD Performance Models
Date Posted 02-11-2005

Summary: General Motors will build a variety of cars for Pontiac, Chevy, even Buick on its new Zeta platform.

CHICAGO — The 2008 successor to the Pontiac GTO will be joined by performance-oriented siblings at Chevrolet and luxury editions at Buick late in the decade, according to supplier sources who spoke with Inside Line here at the Chicago auto show.

The next-generation GTO will be built on a new General Motors architecture known internally as the Zeta platform. It is basically an evolution of the current chassis that underpins the 2005 GTO, which is assembled in Australia by GM's Holden subsidiary.

The new GTO, however, will be built in Michigan, Inside Line has learned. It will be joined by a new sporty coupe and companion convertible model at Chevrolet. The bow-tie division reportedly will not resurrect the Camaro name on the car, but is said to be considering using the Monte Carlo badge on this new midsize rear-drive model.

Unlike the GTO, which will continue to be powered by a high-output Corvette V8, the Chevy two-doors, which are due around 2009, reportedly will offer buyers a choice of V6 and V8 engines.

Pontiac also will get a new rear-drive sedan, which internally is being referred to as the G8. Offered with V6 and V8 engines, it will debut around 2009, and will take the place of the front-wheel-drive Bonneville, which is being phased out later this year. It may also supplant the front-drive Grand Prix.

The production version of Buick's stunning Velite convertible concept is also expected to share the Zeta chassis, but the car will focus more on luxury than performance. Although the Velite is expected to be built in Michigan at the same factory as the Pontiac and Chevy models, a rear-drive Buick luxury sedan is expected to be imported from Holden in Australia.

What this means to you: GM is gambling hundreds of millions of dollars that Americans will embrace a new generation of midsize rear-drive performance and luxury models later in this decade. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-14-2005, 09:34 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

[QUOTE]

"....The bow-tie division reportedly will not resurrect the Camaro name on the car, but is said to be considering using the Monte Carlo badge..."

&gt;&gt;&gt; hmmmm, didn't GM do something similar in 1974 to a car called the GTO and offered it as on option on a car called a Ventura?

"....GTO... reportedly will offer buyers a choice of V6 and V8 engines...."

&gt;&gt;&gt; Hey, where is Champ and Mr. Gee_ I_Dunno on this??? They slammed me for my saying Pontiac would eventually offer a V6 on the GTO as a way to offer choices and stay competitive...was told I didn't know what I was talking about and it would never happen. I bet it does. HAH!

".... new generation of midsize rear-drive performance and luxury models later in this decade."

&gt;&gt;&gt; Sounds like an option to the G6 / G8 to me. Time will tell. Like I said many times before.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:47 AM

[QUOTE]

"....The bow-tie division reportedly will not resurrect the Camaro name on the car, but is said to be considering using the Monte Carlo badge..."

&gt;&gt;&gt; hmmmm, didn't GM do something similar in 1974 to a car called the GTO and offered it as on option on a car called a Ventura?

"....GTO... reportedly will offer buyers a choice of V6 and V8 engines...."

&gt;&gt;&gt; Hey, where is Champ and Mr. Gee_ I_Dunno on this??? They slammed me for my saying Pontiac would eventually offer a V6 on the GTO as a way to offer choices and stay competitive...was told I didn't know what I was talking about and it would never happen. I bet it does. HAH!

".... new generation of midsize rear-drive performance and luxury models later in this decade."

&gt;&gt;&gt; Sounds like an option to the G6 / G8 to me. Time will tell. Like I said many times before. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you actually read and or even comprehend anything that you might have read from that article?

Where does it say the Zeta GTO will offer a V6 as an option and/or become an option in another model? Please refer me to that paragraph because I missed that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Unlike the GTO, which will continue to be powered by a high-output Corvette V8, the Chevy two-doors, which are due around 2009, reportedly will offer buyers a choice of V6 and V8 engines. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The G8 will be a separte model from the GTO. It will replace the Bonneville, and may in fact also replace the GP.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Pontiac also will get a new rear-drive sedan, which internally is being referred to as the G8. Offered with V6 and V8 engines, it will debut around 2009, and will take the place of the front-wheel-drive Bonneville, which is being phased out later this year. It may also supplant the front-drive Grand Prix <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I find if funny how you read that the GTO was to become an option in 2007-8, and being offered with a V6. Nothing of that sort was mentioned, or in fact is planned for the GTO.