Tri-Power Tech 57-66 Tri-Power Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2018, 08:45 PM
Senior Chief

Arrow Has anyone used or seen this Rochester look alike throttle body injection system?

I have. The owner had nothing but great things to say about it. The problem I have with it is it is extremely expensive, even for me-who treats his 2 classic cars like the children (I don't have) and always want the best for them. The costs with everything would be around $8,000
I feel like this system would do 2 critical things for me: It would GUARANTEE the best possible performance would be achieved under ALL circumstances, on the street and at the quarter mile. We already have a significant investment in the car, and between the performance parts that were already in the .035 over 421 and what I added, which is significant and the best available for the build parameters when we had the engine rebuilt 2 years ago, including H-beam rods from Eagle, billet steel double roller timing sprockets and timing set, Comp Cams hydraulic roller cam and lifters, Viton valve stem seals with the appropriate machining of the seal seats, a new (used) 421/428 factory crankshaft that was in GREAT shape (thanks Bruce Fulper) and a Pertronix billet aluminum distributor and Ignitor III distributor system. It already had hand ported work on what I believe are really good factory cylinder heads (6777) and stamped steel Comp Cams roller tipped rocker arms, Comp Cams valve stem guides, locks, and retainers.
Getting the most out of the investment makes sense. We put another 6 grand into the Quick Performance rear axle assembly and UMI suspension parts and Wilwood 4 wheel disc brake system with labor included.
It would also assure, as much as possible, my wife's happiness and most trouble free operation while she is driving her car, and hopefully keep me from having to tell her I can't tell what she is saying when she is SCREAMING at me through her cell phone. ;-)
http://autotrendefi.com/efi-2g.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181011-100921_Chrome.jpg
Views:	670
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	494920  

Last edited by avman; 10-11-2018 at 08:55 PM.