THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 02-13-2023, 09:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Checking morning news sites, praising rianna, yet no Final Score after 7 sites. This site at least said high scoring game.

Old 02-13-2023, 09:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The half time show was a dud IMHO, but supposedly it gained rave reviews.

I couldn't count the number of groin thrusts or groin grabs. If that's supposed to be a great thing to watch, I guess I just don't understand it.

Old 02-13-2023, 10:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't usually watch this crap, but we had a few friends over and we wanted to see how bad it would be. That's 12 min or so of my life that I can't get back.

Reaffirms my conviction of not bothering to watch.

George

Old 02-13-2023, 11:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I enjoyed it. I didn't watch any of the pregame hype. Just the meat and potatoes. The National Anthem and the coin toss are always fun. I thought for sure that the Eagles would run away with it. They looked to be superior and when I saw Mahomes limping, I though that was it for the Chiefs. But they came out and had a solid second half. I know that there was controversy about that call at the end, but the fact that the Chiefs got the TD's and marched down the field was the biggest factor in my mind.

Old 02-13-2023, 11:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I enjoy football and see I am in the minority on this thread. Had a nice little get together at home with friends and great food my wife made. Skipped the pre-game junk except the National Anthem and coin toss. For the first time in years, not a single person cared the slightest who won the game. That said, it was a really even, high powered, offense, fun game to watch. I was disappointed that the outcome of the game was determined by a ticky,tacky defensive holding call, one that is rarely called. If I was an Eagles fan, I would be pretty pissed. Similar terrible officiating, sealed the fate of the Bengals two weeks earlier. (Not a Bengals fan either). Just prefer when the players determine the outcome.

Old 02-13-2023, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin View Post
Today its the Eagles vs Chiefs
Didn't know who was playing until I read this post....just now.

Old 02-13-2023, 03:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have to come clean , I cheated .
Haven't had a TV since 2009 .

But after my post last night I googled the score - tie ball game in 4th Quarter.
Well that was impressive
And the top result was a FOX box , that had a link to the live game on web TV.
So I clicked it - and it worked. Never tried that before

Watched it til the end , and I thought they could dispute bad calls for review.
Had the Eagles already reached a limit on that ?

Didn't admire the tactics on the last field goal by the Chiefs , but they won .
Reminded me too much of Dean Smith's old 4 corner offense at UNC Chapel Hill to run out the clock.

Old 02-13-2023, 03:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59safaricat View Post
Didn't know who was playing until I read this post....just now.
I didn't know until Friday.
Googled it Friday to see who had won this year -- and it hadn't been played yet.
LoL

Old 02-13-2023, 03:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

DILLIGAF

Old 02-13-2023, 03:54 PM
Senior Chief

Not much of a football fan, but watched a portion of the 2nd quarter and saw a limping Mahomes and figured that was the game. Checked back later and games tied 35-35 so I watched the rest and then highlights to see how it happened.

I didn’t care who would will, but if you are an Eagles fan and thought they were cheated, I would argue that they had 2 turnovers that gave the Chiefs 14 defensive points and that is how they lost the game. Chiefs had the better defence in that game.

Old 02-13-2023, 07:00 PM
Senior Chief

I am not a football fan at all. I watched most of the game, because we were at a party where everyone was watching the game, but the best was the National Anthem. Wow, what a great version of it. The flyover was cool but who cares if it was all women, they were US military pilots. The half time show was terrible. I am not a fan of that singer.

Old 02-13-2023, 09:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Football fan...great game. Neither were my team, so stress free enjoyment.

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400
Old 02-14-2023, 04:14 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Don't believe the media HYPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nas t eh View Post
I didn’t care who would will, but if you are an Eagles fan and thought they were cheated, I would argue that they had 2 turnovers that gave the Chiefs 14 defensive points and that is how they lost the game. Chiefs had the better defence in that game.
Excellent point. But I think they 'only' had 7 defensive points. One apparent touchdown by the same DB that scored on the fumble by the Eagles QB, was 'reversed' when the second fumble was ruled an incomplete pass. Even though the officials didn't blow the whistle in real time, to signal a dead ball.
That is the play that the media is failing to say anything about, so the majority of people that just watch the news/highlights will buy into the hype that they are selling, saying the Eagles were cheated.
It was a controversial call (pass interference) but in reality, it had virtually no effect on the outcome of the game. Like I said before, the Chiefs would have still had a FG from 10-15 yards further out. Their kicker may have missed an earlier attempt from 42 yards (by six inches) but it isn't like he is going to DOINK a second time. His actual winning kick went straight down the middle.
Then the Eagles would have had a little over a minute to try and get a tying FG. Slim odds.

Old 02-14-2023, 08:37 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Not a sports fan here;football,golf,tennis,fishing,Nascar,it is all the same to me.

Just not interested.

It's bad enough I have to hear grown men at the gym every morning talk about 'their' teams.

Ken French Built Chassis

Carlquist Competition Engines IA2 505
Competition CNC Ported Super Chiefs
CCE Ported Gustram
Twin Dominators from Shaker 455
963 HP

`09 Electra Glide Standard.

`03 F-350 7.3 6-speed 4x4 Crew Cab Dually.
Old 02-14-2023, 09:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigto View Post
Football fan...great game. Neither were my team, so stress free enjoyment.
I love everything football. As much as a dissapointment that my team did not make it to the super bowl, it is so much more enjoyable to watch a couple of teams that I could care less about. I didnt tune in until the kickoff and watched columbo during the commercials and halftime. More entertaining imo. It was a great game, holding call was ticky/tacky but it was indeed a good call. If the Iggles played a bit better one call should not make a difference. In the end their nemesis Andy Reid outcoached them. Eagles looked flat the second half, nothing special on defense. Chiefs were changing stuff up throughout the game all the way to the end. They are def. the new dynasty taking over where bilicheck and brady left off.

Old 02-14-2023, 11:21 AM

Its true that all the marketing, online gambling and promo BS make you want to throw up watching those events.

I love playing all kinds of sports, watching ? Not so much.

When you look what F1, NASCAR, NFL, NHL, etc... sports have become, money being the sole motivator.

Its all the same cookie cutter BS marketing machine desperately trying to lock in a younger audience with lukewarm results...

Peter

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to besserspat For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2023, 12:24 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
Excellent point. But I think they 'only' had 7 defensive points. One apparent touchdown by the same DB that scored on the fumble by the Eagles QB, was 'reversed' when the second fumble was ruled an incomplete pass. Even though the officials didn't blow the whistle in real time, to signal a dead ball.
That is the play that the media is failing to say anything about, so the majority of people that just watch the news/highlights will buy into the hype that they are selling, saying the Eagles were cheated.
It was a controversial call (pass interference) but in reality, it had virtually no effect on the outcome of the game. Like I said before, the Chiefs would have still had a FG from 10-15 yards further out. Their kicker may have missed an earlier attempt from 42 yards (by six inches) but it isn't like he is going to DOINK a second time. His actual winning kick went straight down the middle.
Then the Eagles would have had a little over a minute to try and get a tying FG. Slim odds.
I called the kick return all the way to the red zone and then in, a defensive play, but that really is a special team play. Those two big plays together were what stole the game for the Chiefs.

Old 02-14-2023, 08:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

For many, many years I lived football. Coached for several years in the 80's. These days I rarely even watch a game outside the super bowl and I refuse to watch the halftime shows!

Old 02-14-2023, 08:34 PM

Anybody with some spare time that is curious to go down the rabbit hole of rigged NFL outcomes may find this channel interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW4QIGfNFHo

Old 02-14-2023, 08:45 PM
Senior Chief

Never watch it and couldn’t care less. A bunch of over paid athletes and from what I hear, trashy performers for the halftime shows.

The Following User Says Thank You to blue67gtoragtop For This Useful Post: